Open Club  ·  30 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

hers

Has anyone read this book? Oprah made it famous a couple years back but I read it about 10 years ago for a high school assignment. it's my favorite book ever. But just saying "favorite" is a small set of emotions I have for this book. I am in LOVE with this book. I've read it probably about 10 times now. It's just so brilliant and amazing and every time I read it, I find one more thing to get so excited about, something I've never noticed before. It's beautiful.

I found out today they're making a mini-series about it! I've for years wanted to write a screenplay about it...I have the script, the cast, the trailer all in my head. One person I wanted to see in the cast was Donald Sutherland (to play Waleran Bigod, the crooked bishop) and he's in it! But he's playing someone else. Still, he'll be great!

I'm so excited I could burst!!

Please tell me you've read this book. And if you haven't, go read it! Right now! (but skip the sequel, as it wasn't great--he should've never called it a sequel).

Here are the sites to the mini-series:

link removed

link removed

his books are definitely worth the read. he writes a lot of WW2 novels, which i've never read just b/c i dont like WW2 stuff, but the rest of his stuff is quite good. "A Dangerous Fortune" is another favorite book of mine, also by him.

his books are definitely worth the read. he writes a lot of WW2 novels, which i've never read just b/c i dont like WW2 stuff, but the rest of his stuff is quite good. "A Dangerous Fortune" is another favorite book of mine, also by him.

Thanks Hers!

So I am guessing this book is about something different than WWII? Cool.

Do you like Irving Wallace? I have read couple of his novels and really like them. Second Lady, The Word, The Fan Club are some of them.

How have you been? I hope all is well with you.

No I haven't read any Irving Wallace. I'm not sure I'm familiar with him either?

This book is about the building of a cathedral in 12th century England. It's historical fiction, one of my favorite genres. So great!

I've been well. Glad to see you back

No I haven't read any Irving Wallace. I'm not sure I'm familiar with him either?

This book is about the building of a cathedral in 12th century England. It's historical fiction, one of my favorite genres. So great!

I've been well. Glad to see you back

Thank you Hers

I really think you should give Irving Wallace a shot. If you are into thrillers then Second Lady is a good choice. If you like Da Vinci Code then you will like The Word. His other books are The Man, The Chapman Report etc.

Archived