Girlfriend unreasonable or me?

Lonely Guy

I have been with my grlfriend for a year plus, but nowadays she really irritating me. I love her a lot but she always like to argue with me over small matters and it is getting on my nerves.

We are both still in college studying and recently she asked me to give her a reason why she did not do so well in her studies in college last year. Since she asked so I gave my opinion but she was unhappy with my opinions and argued over it with me.

I told her what i felt the problems and what she could have done to improve on it. What she got unhappy over was that she told me she only wanted A REASON and not three reasons like what I told her plus she did not ask how she could done to improve on it. * * * . She said She only wanted one reason and me telling her three she need to think of which is than the reasons and she did not even ask me how she could improve on it.

She even said I did not understand her cos she asked for A REASON and did not even asked how to improve on it. I really feel she is being unreasonable or am I wrong to think like that?

That kind of question is looking for trouble, on her part, because any answer that you give can feel like a negative towards her. In situations like those, I would just tell her that since you are not her, you don't know and ask her why she think she failed. Make her express her thoughts on these subjects.

I have been with my grlfriend for a year plus, but nowadays she really irritating me. I love her a lot but she always like to argue with me over small matters and it is getting on my nerves.

That is normal. Most women I know will make drama over small stuff that we, the guys, don't even notice or they don't matter to us. The thing is that drama gives them thrill and feelings boost. Expect in the future but don't worry about it. It's just a part of the deal.

We are both still in college studying and recently she asked me to give her a reason why she did not do so well in her studies in college last year. Since she asked so I gave my opinion but she was unhappy with my opinions and argued over it with me.

I told her what i felt the problems and what she could have done to improve on it. What she got unhappy over was that she told me she only wanted A REASON and not three reasons like what I told her plus she did not ask how she could done to improve on it. * * * . She said She only wanted one reason and me telling her three she need to think of which is than the reasons and she did not even ask me how she could improve on it.

Hm...you're not very experienced with women, are you? This is one of the standard test just like someone mentioned "does my ass looks fat in those jeans" question. It's never about jeans or ass - it's about a thing that she need a reassurance - not your honest opinion. Remember - in relationship never lie, but be very careful with truth. It's not well taken a lot of times.

She even said I did not understand her cos she asked for A REASON and did not even asked how to improve on it. I really feel she is being unreasonable or am I wrong to think like that?

Of course she is being unreasonable - but it's part of the deal. Get a book from Doc Love - there's a whole world you have to learn to get a smooth sailing through relationship.

Good luck,

P.

She is really getting on my nerves. Over my time here, its late night bout 2 plus in the morning. She called so I picked up the phone asking her whats the matter although I have to work tomorrow.

I really think she's really crazy. She told me she's tired and fell asleep without brushing her teeth. She asked me whether brushing her teeth once a day is not good, so I just told her my dentist told me to brush at least twice a day. But she told me she was tired and I told her to go rest first and try to wake up to brush after she had enough rest, if not she can brush her teeth tml morning after she wake up since she is going out early morning. I even volunteered to wake her up. * * * . Because of this she was unhappy with me again.

I asked her what was wrong and she told me that I did not even understand her cos she was tired and she wanted to sleep but I even told her not brushing is bad.(from the dentist telling me brushing at least twice a day) This means that I am forcing her to go brush her teeth. * * * .

I told her sorry but what I meant was she should try to go brush if not she can sleep till tml morning. I can wake her up if she wants to. * * * . I feel that she is really unreasonable. She started saying all those things like we should not be together and we should not meet up tomorrow.

I really give up on her. I feel that this should not be something to be unhappy over. Made me lose my sleep. What should I do?

Let me get this straight. You were talking on the phone. She said she was tired and fell asleep without brushing her teeth. She then asked you whether it was ok to only brush one's teeth once per day. You responded that your dentist recommends twice per day, but if she was tired she could perhaps rest a little, then get up and brush. You even offered to wake her up so she could get up to brush her teeth.

And from this she surmised that you were telling her what to do, and therefore you should not meet up tomorrow and in fact shouldn't be together at all?

Do you see how bat-s**t crazy this is? Because it is. She is looking for reasons to pick fights. I'm always an advocate for trying to see the other person's point of view, but this is just nuts.

I can't see how this is a happy and fulfilling relationship. If you break up with her, she should know EXACTLY why you are ending the relationship. Hopefully she will gain maturity and stability from realizing her mistakes.

And I'm sorry you've got a crazy one on your hands.

YS

yeah she sounds unreasonable here. First off, let her know that if she's going to ask for your opinion on something, then she needs to not get mad if she it's something she doesn't like. That's not fair because you are being honest here.

Secondly, it sounds like she's asking you to run her life and dictate things ....like when she should brush her teeth and is it bad if she doesn't? She's asking you things she already knows the answer to. Next time she asks you something, to avoid an argument say something like "what do you think you should do or how do you feel about it?"

If the arguments keep continuing, I would just agree to talk later when you both aren't so uspet.

Dump her. At first, I thought you may have misread her question about why she didn't do so well last year at school. It is a common rub between men and women. When a woman has a problem, she just wants to be heard and reassured. The man in her life will want to try to fix it, and this only winds up annoying her.

But if she's calling you after 2 am to ask if she should brush her teeth?!? Is she a child? First, she woke you up in the middle of the night for no good reason - inconsiderate. Second, in the amount of time she talked to you on the phone, she probably could have brushed her teeth five times - needless drama.

You don't need this crap, do you? Belligerence. Histrionics. Next!

Archived