When did I get so old?

I can remember it like it was yesterday. People could never guess my age correctly and always thought I was a teen. My younger sister would ask me to go clubbing with her and her friends because I would fit right in. People would ask for my parents when I open the door. And sometimes random people would ask if I was old enough to work at my job.

Now not so much. I get approached by charities that will ask me to donate money. No one has mistaken me for a teen in a while. Sales rep call me "sir" and children would say "that man" instead of guy.

Oy, at least people at gas stations still ask for my age when I buy lottery tickets...maybe cause I buy them really late at night.

I can remember it like it was yesterday. People could never guess my age correctly and always thought I was a teen. My younger sister would ask me to go clubbing with her and her friends because I would fit right in. People would ask for my parents when I open the door. And sometimes random people would ask if I was old enough to work at my job.

Now not so much. I get approached by charities that will ask me to donate money. No one has mistaken me for a teen in a while. Sales rep call me "sir" and children would say "that man" instead of guy.

Oy, at least people at gas stations still ask for my age when I buy lottery tickets...maybe cause I buy them really late at night.

You act like being a man is a bad thing.

I would be flattered!

HAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!

I remember in my thirties suddenly realising that I hadn't been ID'd in ages and never would be again. It's poignant... lol But I wasn't TOO happy about being thrown out for being under 16 when I was trying to celebrate my 21st birthday!

Hey, it's all uphill from here! It gets better every decade, dude!! 8)

Oh god, I wish I could look my age. Last year when I was getting on a plane I asked if I could sit in the emergency row (more leg room). The woman at the desk said "sorry, you have to be 15 or older to sit in that row." The same thing happened when I went kayaking a couple of months ago. Apparently you have to be 15 or older to have your own kayak.

I'm almost 23.

Oh god, I wish I could look my age. Last year when I was getting on a plane I asked if I could sit in the emergency row (more leg room). The woman at the desk said "sorry, you have to be 15 or older to sit in that row." The same thing happened when I went kayaking a couple of months ago. Apparently you have to be 15 or older to have your own kayak.

I'm almost 23.

I get that too.

I sure hope it means that when we're 30, people still think we're 18 or something.

I don't know if it works that way though.

I get that too.

I sure hope it means that when we're 30, people still think we're 18 or something.

I don't know if it works that way though.

That would be lovely. I hope it does work out that way. For the time being it would be nice if I could get into an R-rated movie without being accused of having a fake ID.

It does. Well, I'm at the, "Your daughters CAN'T be in their twenties!!!" stage, it feels so good I can now understand why old people accost you at bus stops to proudly tell you, "I'M EIGHTY-THREE YOU KNOW!"

My Mum died at 86. She went into care in her late seventies and when we first visited we thought she'd collapsed and the carer rushed accross.

She was doing the splits... pretty well too!

(I've never been able to do them).

RIP Mum!

lol. Hey OP, wait till you turn the big 3-0, when your body never lets you forget just how old you really are. Suddenly, you don't heal quite as fast after an injury and eating the way you did even at 24, will literally get you killed.

For the longest time when I was younger, I could never understand why 30 YO NFL players were considered old, but now I know why. lol.

Archived