The morning blues....

All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You
All I Ever Wanted Was to Love You

I just saw a few posts where other people said the morning blues are the worst. My bf of 5 years just dumped me 2 months ago and I have been a wreck. Actually falling asleep and staying asleep is a really challange but the mornings are terrible! I wake up and always cry in the shower. I get dressed really quickly even though I'm not late for work I just feel this rush to get out of the house. Then I end up crying the whole way to work.

Why do I feel like this in the morning? Its sort of like waking up from a bad dream to find out that it wasn't a dream... I really am alone. I hate it.

oh hun, im sorry to hear that. all i can say. now 6 months out of having my heart broken. just one day i need a break. seeya.

mornings for me sucked because i knew it was 9 hours of work. then i could have some me time again. or go out with friends or something

it was the thought of the struggle. knowing that every day i woke up. i had to face that they werent apart of my life anymore. and continue to move on without them.

sorry no positive advice. its gonna suck. but it will get better. that i can guarentee,

It must be a normal thing. Im almost 11 weeks out from my breakup. He stopped loving me. We were together 6 years, friends 8. Mornings are worst for me as well. Hate them, especially if I have a dream about him the night before. Makes it even worse. I wish I could give you advice but i cant. I am just here to say that there are many of us out there who wake up w/ a terrible pain in their chest and a pit in their stomach.

Mornings are the worst for me to, I dont know what it is but from the moment I get up I feel like breaking down. I get a little bit more stable as the day wears on but the first half of the day is torture.

Its been a month since she finally completely ended it and it has hasnt really gotten better but there have been moments where it is a little better, like tonight.

Hang in there...

I am the very same way. Its only been about 3 weeks for me but I know the feeling. I think its because as the day goes on you find other things to occupy your thoughts, you have work, you may have friends, family, pets, hobbies--all that stuff can occupy your mind little by little. As the day goes along you find more and more things to take your mind off of him. Then you get in bed and clear your head enough to fall asleep. You wake up and your head is clear, so naturally the first thing you think of is the first thing you thought of before. When I was with my gf the first thing I did after turning off the alarm was roll back over and give her a hug and a kiss. She never had to get up early for work like me, so I would do it gently as to not wake her all the way. We all know the cute face your bf/gf makes in this situation. That's why I get the morning blues, I still roll over hoping she'll be there.

Mornings are bad for me, too. Going to bed isn't so bad because I often feel like that is my escape...of course until you dream about the ex. Interestingly enough, I had a dream last night about some other guy that I have kinda been interested in (the break up is still fresh, so I in no way shape or form want to pursue anything, I just find something about him intriguing), and it made waking up even worse because for a minute I thought I was happy again with someone else. I know that is kind of twisted, but I so badly just want the dark, morose feelings to go away. I wish I had a fast forward button so this pain would cease, and good dreams would become reality...Hang in there, everyone. It's good to know we aren't alone.

Sounds a lot like my first month...i'm over a month in now and things are starting to get better. Sometimes my ex isn't the first thing I think of in the morning, and that is a great feeling.

It takes a while..everyones different, but if you keep your head held high and try to think positive I promise you will start to feel better.

Best of luck

Mornings are rough. It does remind me of when one of my family died. You would forget then you just remember and it hits you like its happening all over again. But the rough period gets less and less in terms of time and intensity. You may dream about your ex but your waking brain has forgotten and thats why its so hard. ..plus the thought of another day without them to really drive the message home.. its all a bit twisted but it is part of the healing experience.

i know it all too well. Its hard, I know. It passes. There's no way round it. Just through it. Be happy that you have work or whatever and if you dont..then get up!

This morning was the absolute worst, I dread tomorrow, how long does it last?
Its all up to you....If you say thats enough and decide to start moving on, it could be over much sooner then if you hold on to what is lost...

I'm a month and a half into NC...she was my first love and the most important person in my life. This has been the hardest thing I have ever dealt with. But with the help of ENA and struggling to think positive and keep my head up, I am making progress. I still miss her and love her a ton, but I know shes gone, and I know I have to move on.

Now I go days without crying, minutes or even hours without thinking about her.

Don't think about how bad tomorrow is going to be...Think about how tomorrow your one day closer to being okay. Think about how maybe tomorrow wont be as bad as today was. You will never make it anywhere with a negative attitude..believe me, I learned this very quick.

Things wont get better until you accept what is going on and do the best you can to make them better. Time is the only healer. How much time until you are okay? Everyones different, there are no shortcuts, only things to help cope with the situation. Just keep your head held high and you will be okay, I promise you that.

Best of luck, pm me anytime.

Archived