Wearing the same suit to second interview

They might notice. If you have another suit I'd switch. If you don't, then just switch the shirt and tie.

Damn, well, I have other suits. Still wanted to wear that one though, its my favorite. What do you think for the 2nd interview: black pinstrip or brown?

image removed

That looks like the same black three button I have and wore originally, and I really love that suit. Is that Alfani?

The only reason I ask is because i was arguing with a few friends from college. Some said they wore the same suit to repeat interviews, others said that brown is never appropriate for interviews. I figured I'd let the forum decide who is right.

I wouldn't say brown is never appropriate. It depends on the brown and how you look in it. Not everyone can pull off a brown suit (I can't for instance).

If you really love the first suit then just change the shirt and tie.

I've always been taught that anything other than black, navy blue, or dark/charcoal grey is inappropriate for interviews. I've seen lots of reasons thrown around, but really, I'm betting it doesn't matter unless you wear pimp colors. As far as appearances go, the interviewer is probably most focused on how kempt you are, not what your brown suit says about your personality.

Probably I would worry more about the overall presentation. If it's a position where appearance is very important, like sales or marketing, then pay special attention and change the suit entirely. Especially if it's for a highly-paid position. Also, ask yourself - what is the general attitude toward dress in the department or company you're applying at? If it is a focus, then cross every t and dot every i in that way.

Archived