I talked about this guy in a previous forum which is:

So, this guy is bothering me once again after a week from not hearing from him. I thought ok great, the problem is solved now. Wrong... He just started iming me yesterday and I felt like he doesn't get the idea that I don't want anything to do with him. But I do not have the heart to block him because I never know what could happen later. I do not like disconnecting people from my life completely.

But I keep debating if I should say something to this guy or not. It's starting to really bother me after 5 weeks of ignoring him. This is the message that he sent to me today:

"----" (10:38:53 AM): hey

"----" (10:38:56 AM): whats up

"----" (10:40:42 AM): sweetie

"----" (11:10:08 AM): come on girl

"----" (11:10:12 AM): say something

"----" (11:10:25 AM): i dont understand you

"----" (11:11:05 AM): can we talk

"----" (11:11:05 AM): can we talk

"----" (11:16:21 AM): baby

"----" (11:16:31 AM): you want me out of your life obviously

"----" (11:16:39 AM): i dont want it that way

"----" (11:17:02 AM): please, lets talk

"----" (11:41:39 AM): could you tell me why youre acting like this

I don't know what he wants from me. At first he says that he doesn't want a relationship or to be in love right now. So I was really upset from this comment, I want a long term relationship instead of a fling. So I thought fine, I could talk to him for a little bit just as a friend but it became too complicated since I knew what my true feelings were. He doesn't understand the meaning of respect or understanding where I am coming from.

I don't know if he seems to be the manipulative type or something but I feel like he still has a hold over me. I'm afraid I'm going to break down and give in by starting to talk to him again hence my heart will get broken... again.

What to do! I feel like pulling my hair out.

I had a look at your other thread, since you linked it. Guy sounds like a timewaster. He's not interested in an actual relationship but he IS very interested in having 'fun' with you, and he's trying to keep that door open by remaining 'friends' and 'just chatting'.

Personally, I would block him and stop talking to him. Don't read his messages, just ignore him. He's only going to mess you around, string you along, and then if you start to get involved with him he'll back off at the first sign that things might get serious, stating that you knew it was only a bit of 'fun'.

He isn't respecting your feelings or your wishes. Break contact with him, he doesn't sound like he warrants your attention.

Not to sound harsh here, but it seems like you're playing a game with him. Either you want to hear from him, or you don't.

This story is full of contradictions, and only you have the power to block all communication, or communicate with him.

You should read her last thread on him. He showed up at the place she was staying at 2 in the morning & cornered her to "have some fun". Sounds like a nutball to me.

Katt, did you ever tell him with absolute certainty that you do not want to stay in contact with him at all & request that he stop contacting you completely? I know you "want to be nice" since you have known him since you were 14 or whatever, but he will get over it. No need dragging this on any longer. Tell him to leave you alone (if you haven't yet) and wish him luck in the future.

If you have told him to leave you alone and he has not done so, tell him that if he attempts to contact you again you will contact the police. Then block him from IM & anything else where you have ties with him. Time to end this ballgame.

Sorry, but this statement:

I felt like he doesn't get the idea that I don't want anything to do with him.

and this one:

But I do not have the heart to block him because I never know what could happen later. I do not like disconnecting people from my life completely.

are contradictory. If you're not sure what you want, why do you expect him to understand you? Especially someone who's a little, er, unusual to begin with?

If you really want this guy out of your life, then act like it. If you want to continue the games for a while, then do so until you feel ready to let go, but the choice is yours. He will more than likely interpret you being 'nice' as a come-on, so be aware that you continuing to contact him will keep the game going.

Katt, did you ever tell him with absolute certainty that you do not want to stay in contact with him at all & request that he stop contacting you completely? I know you "want to be nice" since you have known him since you were 14 or whatever, but he will get over it. No need dragging this on any longer. Tell him to leave you alone (if you haven't yet) and wish him luck in the future.

If you have told him to leave you alone and he has not done so, tell him that if he attempts to contact you again you will contact the police. Then block him from IM & anything else where you have ties with him. Time to end this ballgame.

I have told him that I didn't want to talk to him anymore because we had different wants. I wanted a relationship while he didn't. But he never grasped that concept. He was trying to hold on to it longer by asking to only have fun which didn't work out obviously. I kept fighting with him saying that I didn't want to only have fun, that's ridiculous. So finally he was like okay we can be friends instead. However, he didn't talk to me for two weeks while he agreed that we can talk as friends. I was like... forget this, I'm tired of it so I decided to ignore him.

Now he's all upset asking me why I'm not talking to him anymore. Umm Hello? He didn't talk to me for two weeks. That's not worth my time at all.

I have finally blocked him today. No more messages from him on aim. So the only concern is that he knows my cell's number so he might be texting me instead of iming me. Grr.

I have finally blocked him today. No more messages from him on aim. So the only concern is that he knows my cell's number so he might be texting me instead of iming me. Grr.

There you go! If he does text you, just ignore it. He will probably try to text you a lot & will get angry that you don't respond to him. But eventually he will give up.

Archived