Doctors can go to HELL!

Ear candling has kinda been proven to be ineffective, probably a placebo lol

i have to wonder that though, wikipedia said it didnt get wax out of your ear, but when my dad did his he got metal shavings out from where he has worked in the garage on projects for years, when my aunt did it she got small snippets of hair debris from where she is a beautician.

so if it doesnt create a vaccuum then what was it i saw? didnt come from the candle. thats what i dont understand.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ear candling has kinda been proven to be ineffective, probably a placebo lol

That's the same with many things. But according to a page I looked at, ear candling isn't a medication, so how can it be placebo?

i have to wonder that though, wikipedia said it didnt get wax out of your ear, but when my dad did his he got metal shavings out from where he has worked in the garage on projects for years, when my aunt did it she got small snippets of hair debris from where she is a beautician.

so if it doesnt create a vaccuum then what was it i saw? didnt come from the candle. thats what i dont understand.

It probably looked at the majority of statistics, everyone is different.

I don't mean to offend, but you sound a little like you would want to feel ill and things ain't that serious...

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? All she wants is for her doc to respond to her own needs, and she's experienced ear problems before so she knows her history.

After I felt down some stairs (that were real stairs) and landed on my ribs, I had a terrible pain all the time on one side of my chest...

Then my doctor prescribed me the strongest non-steroidal painkiller awailable, and after a week I had to stay in a hospital for having a seriously bleeding duodenal ulcer...

I don't mean to offend, but you sound a little like you would want to feel ill and things ain't that serious...

Different problems, and different things. And really, are not comparable.

And an ear infection is being ill. I take it you never had one?

Why are they so against prescribing anti-biotics?

Here in the States, I've noticed that when I go to the doc for ailments (not asthma-related), they prescribe antibiotics if they even think I remotely need it.

I have got no idea. Doctors responce when I asked

"ear drops have a much higher success rate at curing the infection than oral anti biotics"

Even though with me, the oposite is true, I respond better to the oral anti biotics.

Hope candles (pronouced hoppy in the UK ) are becoming part of holistic therapy in the UK. My friend is a holistic therapist and uses them regulary on people who have blocked ears and who have had to have them syringed at the doctors in the past. They draw up the wax out of the ear apparently and she swears by them. Try looking under Holistic therapists, might do you good to treat yourself to a massage while you are there

Can I ask what the ear drops you were given are called?

umm, you can let me find them.Otomize ear spray. I've had these before, and they did not help, the doctor then told me I would have to wait it out.

Hope candles (pronouced hoppy in the UK ) are becoming part of holistic therapy in the UK. My friend is a holistic therapist and uses them regulary on people who have blocked ears and who have had to have them syringed at the doctors in the past. They draw up the wax out of the ear apparently and she swears by them. Try looking under Holistic therapists, might do you good to treat yourself to a massage while you are there

Thank you, I will look into it, I hope it isn't too expensive to get!!

umm, you can let me find them.Otomize ear spray. I've had these before, and they did not help, the doctor then told me I would have to wait it out.

Thank you, I will look into it, I hope it isn't too expensive to get!!

Otomize contains Neomycin, which is an antibiotic. Your doctor is right in that ear drops tend to work better than oral antibiotics. They are stronger and usually help to clear it up more quickly link removed

Given that you've been on a number of courses of antibiotics, it's possible that you've developed resistance to them. This usually comes about if you do not take them as directed (skip days or not finish the entire amount). Have you stopped using the drops? If you have, then you've only brought this upon yourself and it's not your doctor's fault. Also, if the oral antibiotics worked, then you wouldn't still have the ear infection.

It sounds like you need to get something stronger now (if this exists). When you do, make sure you take it as directed.

Yes I read that, And I finished the whole course without skipping, the ear infection was still there.

I have had loads of ear infections treated with oral anti biotics, and they have gone.

This is the first course I've been given for this specific infection, which I have had for three months. Maybe my own fault for waiting so long, but I know my ears, I know what works for them and what does not.

If you've been treated with antibiotics loads of times and the infection still keeps coming back, then it sounds like it is a case of resistance. You might get some relief for a while and you may think it has gotten better, but it's likely that some of the bacteria survived and then went on to multiply again giving you symptoms again. This means you need something different and stronger than you had before.

If the ear drops don't work, then go back to the doctor and tell them. They won't give you the same ones again. If they do, then they're an idiot.

can u see another doc in that group of docs you go see?

Like are there other docs at that clinic? Go see those, instead of this guy that doesn't seem to listen to your symptoms.

I will see a different doc if this ear drop does not work. But they all follow the same procedures.

Well, if there's no other doctor you can see, then I guess you'll have to wait it out until September. It doesn't sound like there are any other options.

I'm likely to have to wait it out I realise that.

Are you in the UK?

If so, can you go see a private doc? I know that might cost a bit of money, but could get you the help faster.

Yes I am in the uk, but I cant afford to go private.

Can you go to a pharmacy and have the pharmacist prescribe you antibiotics? From what my boyfriend's told me, you can get certain antibiotics just from the pharmacist? I could be totally off here, I'm just going by what he said.

Is it really expensive to see a private doctor in the UK?

Just curious.

Um, I've got no idea, but it is alot of money.

Can you go to a pharmacy and have the pharmacist prescribe you antibiotics? From what my boyfriend's told me, you can get certain antibiotics just from the pharmacist? I could be totally off here, I'm just going by what he said.

the pharmacist can only prescribe weak/mild anti biotic, nothing with penicillin or anything in. Which would be useless for the survierty of my ear.

Um, I've got no idea, but it is alot of money.

the pharmacist can only prescribe weak/mild anti biotic, nothing with penicillin or anything in. Which would be useless for the survierty of my ear.

Ahh, gotcha. Wasn't sure, but figured I might as well suggest it. Forgive me, I'm new here

Archived