How has Getting Back Together Worked out for you?

lostlost

Just a general question if you have broken off a relationship and then gotten back together with them (or maybe not)?

• Dated for how long before Breaking off?
  • Why did you break up? (did you know they would get back with you)
  • How long did the break last until getting back together?
  • Are you still with them? OR How long before break up again?

Was it better after you got back together?

Just a general question if you have broken off a relationship and then gotten back together with them (or maybe not)?

My ex and I were together for 2 years before we broke up (the first time). We were long distance at the time and in our second year of college, so he broke up with me because he wanted to be single/see other people/experience college. Only a few weeks after we broke up he started having a change of heart, but I wanted to finish out the semester before getting back together. Since we were long distance I figured to just wait until winter break when we would both be home. Unfortunately, during that time he slept with my friend, so I made him wait even longer before getting back together, so it ended up being about 5 months. We were together for a year after that and for most of that time we weren't long distance b/c we both transferred schools. Because of that I think things were better, but they were also worse b/c of the whole sleeping with the friend situation. I wasn't ever able to forgive him for it so I guess you could say there was a lot of underlying tension. We were together for a year after and he broke up with me again for a lot of the same reasons before. He started dating someone new 3 days after our breakup, they are in a relationship, but she is in another state for 3 months. Go figure.

my boyfriend and i dated for almost 2 years and then we broke up. It was due to us fighting a lot, over really petty issues. We were both stubborn and i was acting to immature. The break was for 3 months and while it was hard, it made us both see what we needed to work on and it made us realize we didn't want anyone else.

We have been back together for 6 months and things are 20 times better than the first time. It was mostly because for the first time, I actually learned something from a breakup and also we both put in 100% effort because we really want things to work out

[*]Dated for how long before Breaking off?

Was with him a year....kinda long distance.

[*]Why did you break up? (did you know they would get back with you)

Stupid argument. I thought it was over for good.

[*]How long did the break last until getting back together?

10 weeks NC.....then he called and over a period of six weeks we had just drifted back together.

[*]Are you still with them? OR How long before break up again?

Yes, still together...

Kinda the same, but then it wasnt that bad before.....

• We dated for 3 years (plus 2years of breaking up
  • we broke up because I liked to throw things while we were fighting.
  • 3years
  • we were together another 5 years, had two babies, bought a house, got engaged ect

Yes, I put a lot of work into improving myself after the breakup, so whether we are together or not, I think I'm a better person for having been with him.

Archived