Please help me understand

Hi all here goes,

I was with my now ex for 3 years and have been fininshed for 9 wks! See we was happy well i thought we was and were away to get a house together spoke about getting married then while he is away offshore he started being funny with me he nevered called and i had to call him in which was strange cause he always called at the same time every night he was away then the day before he was due to come home he wait for it told me on msn he wanted to be single! What could i say i just replyed ok if thats what u want! I was devestated but this has happened before and i thought give him a few days at home he will be back like normally he is but i found out he went away for the weekend with another girl! This is less than 2 days after we has broke up! Not to say i was heartbroken! Anyway throughout the last 9 wks we have both said some horrible things to each other but have apoligised and remained friends, i even sent him a email around 3 wks ago telling him how i missed him and what i missed about him really thinking that he would come back but no he just sent a email back saying that it ment alot to him but he didnt know what to say! Now this past wk he has been speaking to me over msn doing the little things we used to do when we were together and calling me babe! Problem is he has went an bought a house has sent me links to the website it is on and things he is putting into it asking what i think! So im confused why is he asking what i think? why start talking to me again? I have not told him how i feel again cause i would feel stupid if he rejected me i have not called him the names i called him when we was together or anything like that! He is still with this other girl who has a little kid around 2 or 3 yr old and told me he doesnt know if she will move in or not! I told him i was pleased for him i did not know what else to say! I dont know what to think anymore i truly love this guy with all my heart and would take him back in a second even after all this! Please help me cause all i can think of is him!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

this sounds like the case of him not being that into you, he broke up with you over MSN?

Girl, I'm really sorry, but you have to move on. Cut him off like a part of your body developing gangrene- he is just not good for you, and you deserve better than him. I don't know what is good about him to be a friend after he treated you that way?

It would be very hard for me to stay friends with someone who treated me like that and then had a new girlfriend before I was able to move on myself. Are you comfortable in this friendship?

You don't have to be friends to "be nice" or tell him that you're happy for him. Just stop talking to him ....he clearly had no problem doing the same.

Everybody works differently and most relationships and situations after they end are different from each other. But generally speaking, you are not letting him miss you by talking to him all the time and responding to when he calls you babe. You can begin to let go, without hostility, by giving space and time, not responding every time he calls and generally getting out of the picture so he can realize what he's missing (if he does) and more importantly so you can realize the strength you have within yourself. staying in the picture, generally, will only make it harder for you and easier on him. Really listen to yourself, the part thats into healing, not the one thats begging to get him back, and do whats best for you... you control your future, not him. give it time and space and in the meantime begin the process of moving on.

Your Boyfriend Left You - So What?
Your Boyfriend Left You - So What?

Archived