Am I thinking too much about it?!

lunatic_fringe

Alright, here's the situation. It seems like in the relationship I have with my girlfriend I'm always open and more willing to talk about the way I feel than she is. She doesn't really talk about how she feels, sometimes she's just quiet and doesn't look all that interested in anything so naturally I ask her how she is, if she's ok, what she's thinking, etc. She almost always says nothing. But is she really thinking nothing? Does she just not want to tell me?

Or how about when she's at work, she's always short with me, and sometimes she doesn't say "I Love You". The thing is it seems like in the beginning of our relationship things were a little different, almost as if she made more time for me. Also, today I wrote her a letter saying how much I appreciate and love her, I asked her if she got it and she said, it a pretty monotone voice, "Yeah, it was sweet" and then went on like it was nothing.

The thing is, her family is that way too. They are more direct and aren't very affectionate. But sometimes she's sweet and lovey, other times not so much but she says nothing's wrong. Am I just worrying too much? Thinking about it too much? I have some problems with over analyzing things, is that just what I'm doing?

You worry too much about it, but i can feel why you think that way. She's just 'raised' in a 'reserved' way, my family also has that a little bit, and it stops even me from talking, that doesn't mean i'm emotionally a dead person, its just 'normal' for our family,

I tell you that the thing is that in your heart, you are doing the right thing, and you must rest and be at peace and ease with that. Its hard, so if you need emotions just come to enotalone =P

I've had that girlfriend, that can be a tough one to weather. I don't really have any advice, eventually that behavior drove me pretty crazy. She seemed to distance herself from me at the convenience of other people. The reason it sucked so much was because you can't sit there and make someone understand how painful and unfair that feels. Especially not when you are in love with them and trying to rationalize and appreciate their perspective, but that doesn't stop the fact that you want them to love you right. I don't know if that specific a situation applies to you, but you have to wonder if someone acts that way if they are in the relationship for the right reasons.

You can't make another person happy, you can only make another person happier.

Archived