Hate my job.

I really hate my job. I make...peanuts. It's better than nothing but....I really dislike this job, all the stress and the tasks I'm supposed to do. I mean, I think I have a pretty good office and the management is decent but....I really hate the job itself. It's not a career, it's a job.

What do I do? I'm so scared to start looking for work again 'cuz in this economy, I don't know if I can get better. Wahhh.....someone talk sense to me...

Blow up the world....it's your only option! Actually, you could tazer yourself and that would make the day go faster!

BUT SERIOUSLY.....

As you say, in the current economic climate, throwing away the crap job in hope of getting a better one and then ending up jobless. It's a good excuse to stay put. But, what is stopping you from getting out there and looking for a better job? And if you manage to secure a better job and still have the old one, at least you go from safe to safe.

Perhaps just wait it out and see what the world is like at the beginning of next year...

Be keen on looking for oppertunities, go back to school , study and improve your market position. Then with the diploma's you can get a better job. Don't stick where you are, its a waste of time. Only waste your time on things that are rewarding, bit harsh but its true.

I think doing a job you enjoy is absolutely essential. I didnt realise it, but my previous job was absolutely crushing me, and it was incredibly difficult to motivate myself to do my job. I think all my energy was being used up just going to work, and for a pittance!

New job is absolutely great, and after 2 years I'm showing no signs of getting bored. There is also a (bit of a) career structure and the possibility of moving up is a great motivator as well.

In short, get looking at job adverts and find something that interests *you*. Job satisfaction > salary in my experience

Start looking at getting training for a new career.

I worked at a Walmart and would cry about it everyday,literally.I remember quite a few occasions sitting in the bathroom sobbing like a baby.I hated it that bad lol.It got to the point I hated it so bad that I used to get physically ill just thinking about going to work.

Finally I had enough and knew I had to get out of there,so I went out and explored some options,and made a plan.

Talked to my boss to adjust my hours,and went to school for law enforcement part time and still managed to work full time.Knowing that I was only working there till I was done schooling made it a lot more bearable.

Next to the birth of my son and my wedding of course quitting Walmart was the happiest day of my life.

Don't know where your from so can't give you any specific advice,but go have a look around your area and see what kind of training you can get into and do something you enjoy.

what you need to do is perhaps work on a part-time online degree that will get you out of that job eventually while still working. Many companies will even pay tuition (or part of it) to help you improve your skills to move into better jobs/more responsibility.

You also might ask your boss or HR dept. what you would need to do in order to get promoted into some other job you see at the company that is more interesting... what classes, or skills training do you need? Then see if they'll let you get it or pay for it.

You can get many degrees totally online these days, including bachelors and masters degrees.

Five Jobs You'll Love If You&#3...
Five Jobs You'll Love If You're A People Person

Archived