I'm jealous. Sort of.

Michelle_
I Have Feelings For Someone Else Wh...
I Have Feelings For Someone Else While In a Relationship

Hey. I've been in an internet relationship with "John" for a couple months now, and I really have strong feelings for him and he has strong feelings for me. One problem is that he talks to another girl, "Karen", A LOT. They met on a message board, and I know the send each other private messages almost constantly. I'm so curious to know what they're talking about, and if they're being flirty or not, and it's driving me crazy. I tried hacking into his account before to see for myself but it didn't work. I know Karen is in an online relationship with a different guy, but she is very flirty and I'm scared that something is going on between them. It makes me even more scared because John thinks she's "hot". I tried talking to John about it but he said that they're just "good friends" and that I'm still his "number one girl". John said to me that he thinks Karen is jealous of our relationship because once she found out about it she started acting very rude to me and called me "fat" and "disgusting" to John, yet he still keeps talking to her! I'm going crazy. What should I do?

Definitely don't invest in this 'relationship'. There's nothing to invest in. You've only been chatting to him 2 months, and already you have competition from a 'hot' girl, Karen. And she is only the one you know about, let alone the hundreds of other girls out there for him to check out, and who will be happy to throw themselves at him, willing to undress on cam for him, etc. Believe me, these internet connections are so precarious. There is no security in them. It would be very naive to put much store by what he says about his feelings for you. Even the fact that he told you she's hot, shows that he's not just interested in you. No guy is 'just friends' with a girl he considers hot, well, I mean, he is not just feeling towards her like a friend, he's feeling towards her like an object of lust. Of course they will be flirty. Don't try to kid yourself otherwise. This is what the internet is all about. One in a million chats might lead to something 'real' and genuine, but this certainly doesn't sound like one of them. Please try to be realistic about this, or you're setting yourself up to become very upset, which would be a pity, because it's needless. All the best,

Offplanet

Do you know what Karen's screen name is? You could make a look alike and contact him. Like if she has a lower case L in her screen name you can make the same one with a capital I or if she has a capital I in her screen name make the same name with a lower case L. Then contact him.

Like the screen name Lucyloo59 could be LucyIoo59 which would look the same in arial font. Or Ineeta45 would be lneeta45

Do you know what Karen's screen name is? You could make a look alike and contact him. Like if she has a lower case L in her screen name you can make the same one with a capital I or if she has a capital I in her screen name make the same name with a lower case L. Then contact him.

Like the screen name Lucyloo59 could be LucyIoo59 which would look the same in arial font. Or Ineeta45 would be lneeta45

i dont recommend this. the second you start snooping like that, the relationship is unhealthy and pointless.

That's crafty... but wrong.

That's just ridiculous. If you have the need to do this then you shouldn't be in the relationship at all.

I think that if he has told you that Karen is "Hot" hes obviously not taking the relationship seriously, i wouldn't believe for one second that he and Karen are just good friends hes bound to be flirting with her. I think you should end it with John you're just gonna end up really unhappy once the truth becomes clear and nobody deserves that.

How can you even define this as a relationship? You are talking to some guy that you wouldn't know if he stepped on your big toe while walking down the street. You can't have a 'relationship' with a person that does'nt exist. He doesn't exist because you are two faceless people behind a computer. For all you know your lover boy could very well be a 60 year old balding greasy sweaty man pretending to be 19 just to get off on having a young girl pretend to be his girlfriend.

How can you even define this as a relationship? You are talking to some guy that you wouldn't know if he stepped on your big toe while walking down the street. You can't have a 'relationship' with a person that does'nt exist. He doesn't exist because you are two faceless people behind a computer. For all you know your lover boy could very well be a 60 year old balding greasy sweaty man pretending to be 19 just to get off on having a young girl pretend to be his girlfriend.

yeah i agree although have you ever talked to him on the phone before? Had webcam video calls with eachother?. If not you can never be 100% sure of who he really is.

Archived