Guys: why ask for the number if you aren't going to call?

Gratsy
We're on a Break Should I Text ...
We're on a Break Should I Text Her/him? [ANSWERED]

This guy acted so excited to talk to me, then I didn't hear from him after I talked to him shortly after.

Thats too bad

It's because asking your number is good for his confidence. Sometimes, that is just enough for a man ... especially if he can get alot of other numbers.

Don't worry, you'll be the lucky one next time

I can tell you right now that some guys think of getting girls numbers as a game. Hell, I have gone to a club and had a friend tell me, "dude I bet I can get more numbers than you." Sometimes guys try to get a number just to see if the can. And yes, we will act really excited to talk to you, so that you give us your number.

Sometimes guys change their mind later on or get too scared.

There are really a zillion reasons why. That is why I wouldn't take it too seriously if some guy gets your number, it could mean anything or nothing really.

Beats me. I never completely understood why guys would do this too. Maybe he's already got a girlfriend or maybe he just changed his mind, and is not as interested as he thought he would be. But there's no point in finding out, just forget about him and move on.

Guy asks for number & doesn't call = Got busy, chickened out, confidence boost, changed his mind, lost interest...

Girl gives number, doesn't answer call = Got busy, chickened out, confidence boost, changed her mind, lost interest...

...met someone else.

This guy acted so excited to talk to me, then I didn't hear from him after I talked to him shortly after.

Don't worry... don't even try reason it out. I know its tempting. I've done that before. It only brings YOU frustration n anxiety. May be he is playing games, may be he met someone, who knows. Forget him. Move on mentally to the next one and be ready at all times for this kinda behavior. When the right one comes along... this won't happen. You will see consistency in talk and action. Good luck!

I, too question this question – because if you say “he lost interest,” or “he found another girl,” why would he show that he’s interested (after given number) when you see him again? Perhaps you could use the excuse that he was too shy to call, but if thought deeply… if she wasn’t interested, why would she give her number in the first place? Guys, if a girl agrees to give you her number after you’ve asked – believe me, she’s interested (regardless if it’s for looking for a friend candidate, sexual intentions, or truly interested, etc – SHE’S INTERESTED). So man up and just call her. Overall, what is the worst case that could happen? That you’ll be shot down? Again, if you don’t call – how would you ever know the outcome? What if that girl was the one you’ve been searching for, but lost the chance because you were too frighten with your thoughts? My opinion, I would say – regardless of how the outcome will be like, take the risk. At least you know you took that risk, because you could end up wondering “what if.”

Archived