Getting the love of my life back

wjblasko

I really need some advice. I have been dating a girl for 2 years that I am in love with and she is in love with me. she desparetly wants to get married and have children. The marriage discussion started about 8 months ago. It made me nervous and I told her that I think we have some communication issues to work on first. We worked on them and then back in December I told her that we would get engaged in 2 months. Well, 2 months went by and I couldn’t do it. I loved her but I had fears. She was very understanding at that time and she said to figure things out and if I still wanted her after I figured things out, she would be waiting. But one month later she said it was too hard, she was angry and she was moving on. I took 2 months and saw a counselor and figured my fear had nothing to do with her and I know I want to be with her. I went back to her to tell her I wanted to get married. She was reluctant at first and even though she told me she moved on, she started to open up. We started to spend alot of time together and started talking about having kids and buying a house. This lasted about a month and then it suddenly turned 180 degrees. She stopped calling as much and spending time together. She said she was very angry at me and need to get over it on her own. This lasted about a month and then she just told me she doesn’t want to get married to me. I know I screwed up taking the time but I needed to find the clarify that I have now. It was been about a month since I talked to her. In that month it was mine and hers birthday. I sent her a card and she wrote me an email wishing each other happy birthdays. I just recently found out that she is dating somebody for about a month now, who has professed his love for her already but doesn’t want to get married and have children. To make matter worse when she told me she couldn’t marry me, she said I don’t know if I want marriage and children anymore. I don’t know what to do next. Do you think this new boyfriend will last and what do I do next?

Listen, at one point you have to make the jump in your life. If both of you love eachother , what is wrong in being together then? The thing is you don't want to give up your old life and your freedom, the thing is you are in a transition stage of your life where you throw away the teenager and become an adult, the advice that im going to give you is this. Always go for gold in your life, if you are insecure , you will project your fears on her, which will make her fearfull and doubtfull as well. Send out strong signals of DO IT!

In other words, no grey area's , its either YES, or NO, and nothing in between.

Archived