Why do I attract men I'm not interested in??

Princess_Jade

This annoys me so much! I usually get hit on by guys that I'm either not really attracted to, or just not my type. Not that I'm really looking for a boyfriend or anything but it would be nice to find a guy that approaches me that I like for once. I'm not superficial at all. I could care less about getting the hottest guy. It would just be nice to attract a man that I find attractive,appealing and we both vibe.

It's flattering to get hit on but it makes me feel like I'm going to be single forever. I normally attract geeky men, nothing wrong with these type of men but they're just not my type. What do I have to do to get attention from a guy I like? Why do I seem to attract men that I personally feel that are not on my level?

I think I'm an attractive girl so what is it?

Have you ever dated a "geeky" guy?

I'd say give them a chance. No one really knows what they want in a partner. And, they definitely don't know what they need.

Not dated but I've hung out with them. They seem ok as friends but nothing more. A lot of them just don't seem to spark my interest. I like a man who is exciting,someone who can make me laugh,someone who is charming,attractive in my eyes,someone who is intelligent and we can talk about deep things with.

I'm not asking for much in a guy, he doesn't have to have muscles, he doesn't have to be a 8,9 or a 10 on the scale. Just someone I can vibe with.

I've noticed that I tend to be attracted to guys that OTHER women are attracted to.Maybe it's a competition thing, I dunno. I also tend to be attracted to guys who are already in relationships.Not that I'd ever pursue it, but yeah it's annoying. lol I guess I like a guy to have some "game" so to speak.

Try not to classify a man into the "geeky guys that like me" group the first time they show interest in you. Everyone is a different person, and just because someone looks similar to you as a person you knew previously, does not mean that they are anything alike. Unless you absolutely have no interest in this person, give them a chance with one date and avoid thinking of them as "geeky". It takes getting to know a person to feel the spark, so of course there is no spark if you don't even give it a try.

At the same time, if you meet someone you are interested in, give them your number! Yeah, it can be a bit unnerving, just get past it & hand it over! I used to consider myself too shy to ask out guys. But it's not an inherent part of your personality. It's just something you're afraid to do because you've never done it before. I just gave my number to a guy once. He was my bus driver, and my house was at the end of the route. I saw him all the time, finally one day I wrote my name & number on a piece of paper. By the time we got to my stop everyone else was already off. As I was getting off, I said "If you wanna hang out sometime, give me a call". He called me a couple days later & thought it was pretty cool I did that. I figured, hey it's worth a shot. I'm no worse off even if he never called. We went out a couple times.

Anyway, those are my suggestions. I don't know your personality or how comfortable you are with dating, but it just seems like most women wouldn't feel comfortable enough to do that sort of thing unless they were drunk at a club. Give it a try!

For whatever reason, the women that flirt with me are of a different race than I. Doesn't bother me, it amuses me, but it is kind of odd.

That too!! im still kind of shocked by that, i never really considered myself appealing to other races, i mean culturally i suppose im pretty western or white, not a negative though, but like quite a few spanish or portugese (caribean or brazilians) and even some asians show interest that are of a different culture than myself, keep in mind i in no way have an issue with this lmao with that but its still kind of surprise.

I feel your pain, i only get hit on by fat chicks. Its rather annoying, but as for why your situation and mine happen, that i do not know. Maybe you look like tombraider, and maybe i look like a sandwhich... We may never know

Blawh...me too Actually - situation is changing for the better.

Archived