A little stressed

Gracelove

I wish my laptop worked, so I could type this in my room.

My grandma is here, and she has Alzheimer's disease, my stress level has already gone up a notch.

I can't access my e-mail account, which contains so much of my private information, and it's so frustrating.

Something else is bothering me also, I don't want to admit it quite yet, so I won't talk about it.

I'm just wondering how everything is going to go over the course of the next month. There will be school, and work, and my grandma.

And my mom of course. She is so demanding, and very critical (which she admits). I want to be optimistic, and hopeful in regards to my future...it's extremely challenging remain optimistic while living with my mother....

Anywho, I don't have a choice, I've got to make everything work out. However I'm scared, and a little sad. But I'll get through it somehow.

Anywho, thanks for listening.

~~Grace

I'm sorry that you're feeling this way, but there is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel. You just have to have more faith.

In regards to your email account, isn't there a way to you access it by stating that you forgot your password? So you can reset it?

Always remember, what doesn't kill you - will only make you stronger. Cheer up

Hey There Jd1118 & Onewithbooks

Thank you so very much for your kind words, I really appreciate them. Sometimes life is way more challenging than anyone would like it to be, unfortunately.

I love my Grandma so much, she's really sweet. It's really hard to see her go like this, but there's nothing that can be done about it.

My parents had me much later in life, so they are in their mid-60's. Watching them age is also concerning.

But everything will be okay, I know it will.

Thanks again!

~Grace

I recently lost my Mum to Alzheimer's - I know how hard it is to support people (and those who are doing the main caring).

Don't feel selfish about putting your own needs first sometimes.

Hey There Speranza!

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. It is so hard to deal with sometimes. Sometimes I want to run and hide, but then I feel guilty. It hurts to see someone you love with this disease.

Hi Grace,

yes it can be hard. In our case, my Mum had to be cared for in a home (she had always refused to move near family) and there are four of us, and we all felt guilty. She didn't know if we'd visited or not, and as the years went on, I realised that I didn't need to feel bad if I hadn't got time to visit - she had no idea that I'd been - but I did need to visit for me sometimes.

For your parents, they will also be worrying about whether this will happen to them and whether they are going to put you through it all again...

Hopefully you will find the same silver lining that my family did, which is an openness about how much we love and care for each other - just in case those conversations can't take place in the future.

You are an only child? Then make sure you identify which of your friends are the ones who can really empathise and be there for you - I'm sure you already know who they are.

Hugs to you.

Archived