Mixed feelings for a friend, need help!

Lauren8785

Alright, so this guy I have known since like Elementary but didn't actually become friends til we worked together which is at the present time. I never pictured me liking him in "that way" but now I am starting to develop feelings for him. He seems like he's interested in me. He always sits by me at work. Always invites me out to hang out with him, I rarely do. Texts me a decent amount of the time. He's always the first one to initiate contact with me. Once in a while I'll text him about something first but very rare. I always enjoy hanging out with him he's a nice guy and a fun person to be around. At work my friend who is also friends with him has told me that he does like me and he told her this a while ago and I was just stunned. Cause when I asked him myself one time he kinda tip toed around it and one night in some texts he hinted that he liked me and I told him about it and he says he doesn't remember ever saying anything like that ( I dont know maybe he doesnt want to come out with it because maybe he thinks I dont like him like that and doesnt want to be rejected), but its obvious by his actions that he appears he does like me in that way*shrugs*.

The problem is Im not sure if I should tell him I like him too or not??? I don't want to scare him away or make him feel awkward or pressured. On the one hand he seems to be a good friend to me and if we went out and somewhere down the road we broke up, we could never get that friendship back it'd prob be werid to be around each other after going out. Then again I wonder what it would be like to date Its just so confusing. A few people I told said I should just leave it alone. If he does like me, let him ask me out on his own and don't say anything. Don't want to pressure him or anything either, which is true. If he did ask me out, I probably would go out with him tho.

Also one day I sent him a texting saying how awesome he is and that I like hanging out with him and was glad that we're becoming better friends and he didn't reply to it. I asked him if he got my text and he said yeah, I go well...he's like well thats something not important enough to text back to I go duh "Bill" I was nice by paying you a compliment the least you can do is say "thank you" and he was saying thank you all sarcastically, he wasn't being an @$$ about it, just was joking around with me about it but I was wondering if I should've made a big deal because it truly did hurt my feelings that he didn't reply back to that, any of my girlfriends I know would be flattered and sent me back a text of the same nature. But I decided not to make a big deal out of it because its not worth ruining our friendship over. I dont know maybe guys just arent like that. Or good at expressing how they feel or something but I did take it personally and I told my friend about it and she said I wouldn't let it bother me guys are just like that, is that really true??? Are some guys just not responsive when it comes to something like that?? I know I would be flattered, but then again I am a girl..so I dk *shrugs* Please any advice is greatly appreciated !!!

Always invites me out to hang out with him, I rarely do. Texts me a decent amount of the time. He's always the first one to initiate contact with me. Once in a while I'll text him about something first but very rare.
Well, you haven't encouraged him at all and treat him like a friend - you even told him he is a friend.

Also one day I sent him a texting saying how awesome he is and that I like hanging out with him and was glad that we're becoming better friends and he didn't reply to it
.So basically you have frozen him out as a romantic interest.

So if you want to unfreeze him it is going to have to be you who makes the first move in that direction.

Well, you haven't encouraged him at all and treat him like a friend - you even told him he is a friend.

.So basically you have frozen him out as a romantic interest.

So if you want to unfreeze him it is going to have to be you who makes the first move in that direction.

Well I should correct myself. I did ask him to hang out with me a couple times, but he has done the majority of it. Wow, you really think I would have to make the first move *bites nails*? Thats exactly what I am afraid of if I did, I dont want to scare him away or ruin what we have now Im not even sure how he would react if we were alone one night and I brought it to his attention that I liked him like that. I would be afraid of scaring him away or never asking me to hang out again or something.

Archived