Would you date someone with a lip ring?

arsenic_n_lace

So I got my lip pierced a couple weeks ago and I’m wondering if this will hinder me with regards to dating?

I think I like it, my only worry is that people will perceive me differently which I don’t want so I’m kind of on the fence. I’m thinking of taking it out but I would like your opinions first… I’m 22 years old and I’m an attractive girl, think Megan Fox or Angelina Jolie, you know with the big lips and big brown eyes, long dark hair, etc…

Is this an automatic turn off to guys? Would you not even give me the time of day or want to get to know me because of my lip ring? Let me know your honest opinions, thanks!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a fan, but I have more conservative tastes. Depends on what kind of guy you're looking for.

Tho when I see a girl with one I look always look twice.

Well, yeah, so do I...

"Did I just see a lip piercing?" *looks again* "Yep."

That said, it WILL get attention. Whether it's negative or positive, again, depends on the guy.

I'm just afraid that guys won't approach me at all i guess, i'm afraid that they'll get the wrong impression right off the bat.

Because when i see people with lip rings i usually think that they're pretty tough, possibly the "emo" type or like rock girls or something lol and i'm not really like that at all.

personally, not a big fan of them, and honestly, yeah, I would make the same assumption - 'emo' (I, um, strongly dislike emos =P) or a 'rocker' type girl - too much attitude to deal with.

(sorry if this offends, not meant to, just a personal and honest opinion).

Meh, I don't know why the antagonism towards a ring, I bet the OP looks pretty good with it. Besides, you shouldn't do things only to appease the biggest quantity of people, just do what you want with your own self and if some one else likes it fine, and if some one doesn't, that's fine too.

I'm not a fan of it at all, same for eyebrow and nose rings (although I don't mind those nose studs on the side). I wouldn't not date someone because they have it, but it definitely knocks their attractiveness down a rung.

Of course, some guys will love it though. Depends on the type of person you want to attract.

personally, not a big fan of them, and honestly, yeah, I would make the same assumption - 'emo' (I, um, strongly dislike emos =P) or a 'rocker' type girl - too much attitude to deal with.

I think the same way. That doesn't mean they couldn't convince me otherwise though.

Would you date someone with a lip ring?

No, just not my style. Same goes for a tongue ring.

But as others have said, you will attract plenty of guys though. Especially if you do have that Fox/Jolie look going for you.

This is immediately what I thought of, too. The only people I've ever seen with facial piercings are emo, punk, or metal types.

OP, most likely the people you're going to attract are people who are into those things as well.

I have two helix piercings (used to be 3, long story), but I'd probably be hesitant to date someone that had any. Hypocritical, right?

Archived