is my dad stupid or just stupid?

Stolis

Ok heres the case,he recently bought Nova (thing that uses satelite with a big plate for more channels on tv).He paid all these money cause he wants to watch hes team playing football,every sunday.I have a ps3 under that Nova and it uses AV,where as nova uses AV too.So i unplagged the nova AV(it still worked just no pic and sound on tv) and i plugged ps3 and i changed it to HDMI(a different cable if you dont know) and then plugged AV of Nova again,and for some reason it still didnt show any picture.So then my dad starting saying bad words,then asked me angrily if i had done anything to it (the power cable of Nova must not be unpluged or it needs adjustments again,Av is fine) and i said no cause i hadnt.He didnt believed me and while the ps3 was working downloading some things for me,he just took off the ps3 power cable,threw it to the couch(good for him) and SUDDENLY the Nova was working again after some while,i am 1000% that it didnt have to do with the ps3.Now the ps3 doesnt open,its broken and needs fix.So my dad acted like it was MY fault,and i told him i didnt do anything.He has done this MANY times before,with Ps1, or Ps2 or even with nintento,he broke like 10 nintento consoles,because i was playing and didnt let him watch TV.i mean is he NOT TOOOOOO STUPID?acting like that to his child for just a meaningless Tv?i had talked to him at the past for that.about 5 years ago and guess what,he starting saying bad words again,he even hit me at the face.He always get angry and violent if i just accuse him of something,or try to prove him wrong.like hes god or something,he is very high tempered.....now i am afraid that if i talk to him again,he will throw my ps3 and pc out of the window FOR SURE.and will hit me again for sure.I talk to mum for these staff too,and she agrees with me,she finds all these very stupit,but she doesnt say anything.Tho he is very high tempered he never had a fight with my mum.they never shout to each other,they are peacefull.But when it comes to me he sometimes acts like i have killed ppl.What should i do?should i just keep ignoring him?By the way i am 17 now,and we never really had close relation,he always liked my big brother more.

well i think that the first thing you should do is start taking some self defense classes and learn how to block any attack he tries to throw at you. while you are doing that talk to your mom about how you want to talk to your dad about his temper and what he does but you need her support. if she says yes make sure you can defend yourself and then go to him with your mom backing you up. if she wont back you up then see if you can find another family member (cousin, aunt, uncle, grandparent, whatever you can find) or one of your dad's friends. preferably a big person that is on your side (for saftey purposes but it isnt a necessity) and then confront him. the more people you have the less options for getting angry and throwing a fit he will have.

but whatever you do, do not try to get him to hit you. and do not hit him back. i only recommend self defense so that you can deflect and block any time he tries to hit you if he does. this option is second to just having a bunch of people with you, especially big people, because most people wont try to hit someone who is surrounded by people who support them.

good luck

Archived