quick question for the guys!! should i send him flowers?

alice1485

Do guys like to receive flowers?

I ask cause my bf of a year and a half has been having a really rough month (work, lack of money, stress, etc) and to top it all off, his car got towed this morning. I want to put a smile on his face. Would it be weird to send him flowers at work?

EDIT: I doubt his co-workers would give him crap cause they're all girls. (He works in a small office - literally like 4 people work there - and he's the boss). They'd probably all think it was cute...

I think you're the best person to answer that question. After a year and a half you should know him well enough to make that decision with confidence. If it was me, flowers would really put a smile on my face but I guess some guys can think it's weird

I would not want flowers. lol. My aunt gave me flowers when I graduated from college, and I was like, "WTH am I supposed to do with these?"

Hahahaha!

Weird. I wanted to send my guy flowers to work for valentines day. And my co workers (lady) was like "Noooooo...[-X Never send a guy flowers, specially not to work".

For some reason I'm convinced he'd appreciate the gesture since he's a romantic guy. I still got him another gift instead and skipped the flowers just to be safe...

What is it that makes a guy hate flowers (aside from obviously not knowing what to do with them lol)?

Is it emasculating or something to get flowers from your girl?

Hahahaha!

Weird. I wanted to send my guy flowers to work for valentines day. And my co workers (lady) was like "Noooooo...[-X Never send a guy flowers, specially not to work".

For some reason I'm convinced he'd appreciate the gesture since he's a romantic guy. I still got him another gift instead and skipped the flowers just to be safe...

What is it that makes a guy hate flowers (aside from obviously not knowing what to do with them lol)?

Well, honestly I couldn't care less about flowers, and like ilivewithmymom said, I don't know what to do with them. Also, seems like a girl-gift, so it does make you feel awkward to receive them and all the guys will tease you at work if you get them. Guys don't go "aaaawwww" like girls, they rip you to shreds lol.

Yeah, it's definitely a little emasculating. Plus, I can't really appreciate flowers (are they pretty? if you say so lol), and I honestly don't know why women gush over them. I think guys just prefer function over form, and any guy that prefers form probably only prefers it because it attracts the ladies.

I had a girl send me flowers at work once, and I gotta say I liked it more than I should've, kinda like the time she slipped a finger in my bum...jk But seriously it was cool and I'm kinda the tough guy type. He will get a lot of crap from coworkers but I think he might thinks its cool even though he may not act like it in front of his friends.

Thanks for the input...I still don't know what to do, though.

I doubt his co-workers would give him crap cause they're all girls. (He works in a small office and he's the boss). They'd probably think it was cute.

Also, I have a feeling he'd like them...any more input?

If you want to send him flowers just send them to his house or show up with them. Even with an office of ladies, sending them there could be risky. If it were me, I would test the waters just by giving them to him privately.

I do like the idea of the man-basket. Fill it with his favorite snacks, maybe some beer nuts or beef jerky. Put in his favorite energy drink and a card with a sexy note.

If he has had a stressful week/year and he is feeling a bit vulnerable the flowers may make him feel less manly especially when you pile a bunch of oohing and ahhing women on top of it.

If you want to send him flowers just send them to his hourse or show up with them. Even with an office of ladies, sending them there could be risky.

hahahaha. I was like, "Wha? Why you callin these women names? They just work for him."

To OP, if you think he'd like flowers, then you should just send it to him. Obviously there are some guys in this thread that appreciate them too, so it's possible. Plus only you know your man best. At this rate, by the time you decide, the workday will be over though. lol.

Send em... he will dig it. If nothing else he can at least acknowledge it is really thoughtful of you. You would probably also be the only one to ever do that for him, and that by itself is cool. I want to hear that you did it! Have them delivered, its cooler that way.

hahahaha. I was like, "Wha? Why you callin these women names? They just work for him."

To OP, if you think he'd like flowers, then you should just send it to him. Obviously there are some guys in this thread that appreciate them too, so it's possible. Plus only you know your man best. At this rate, by the time you decide, the workday will be over though. lol.

Ahh how one little R can go so wrong! LOL!

I always claim I can spell, I never speak about my typing.

Archived