My ex fiancee and I have been broken up almost 6 months. She has told me she doesn't feel the same way anymore and that we will never be together again. Fine. I even know in my head that it's over and we will never be together again. Certain things happened towards the end that mean that I could never go back. But there's something inside me that still thinks we will end up together again and it is stopping me from letting her go completely. It's driving me nuts.

This morning I was on Facebook and I saw her public profile by accident (we're still have mutual friends, and I just saw her public page with a picture) and I noticed she has loads more friends now. So I figured that one of them has to be a new boyfriend or something, and I got that awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. Even if she is with someone else, I can have no complaints, because she's free to do what she likes. As for me, every time I think of letting myself go to start dating again, I feel I'll only be comparing them to her. But I REALLY, REALLY, want to meet someone new, and this is holding me back.

I know it's over, so why is it so difficult to let her go fully? I just want her out of my head! Do I just need more time!?

when i find the answer i'll let you know

acceptance is hard, particularly when there is some dependancy there. we keep fantasising and obsessing because a part of us fears the future, so we don't let go. It's a form of control and we don't like being out of control so we hold on to the thought or the pain or any morcel we can.

Yea man, when you guys find the answer let me know. I have tried dating and even intimacy but the minute I am alone I start thinking of her. I know it is completely over but for some reason I cant get her out of my head. I wonder if it has something to do with being in our thirties and wanting something substantial.

surfnski, i know as i've gotten older, it stings more......probably because i am more in touch with my emotions than i was in my 20's. i know that i was ready for something meaningful here and i was already projecting into the future with this woman........and now back to square one. i just don't have the stomach for it anymore. struggling to break the thought of her......

losing someone you care about is hard, getting over them is hard and accepting the fact that they're indeed gone is hard.

Believe me, i've been there..spending every waking moment nauseated at the thought of them with someone else..wondering what they're doing at this very second..it hurts..but in time you will heal.

Time is what it takes..It took me a good year and a half to get over a certain someone in my past..and even now I think about him from time to time. I promise it will get better..you will find someone who easily towers over your ex in every way possible.

The hurt will seem so small when this happens..but until then..keep yourself busy, work, hobbies..or come and vent to us here on ENA. There's always someone here who's willing to talk. =]

Archived