So he brings up exclusitivity...while drunk?

anya85

So I spent both Friday and Saturday nights with the guy I've been dating for 2 months. We see each other 2-3 days a week. He's in a band and they had a show last night, which he invited me too and put me on the guest list so I didn't have to pay to get in. I'd never been to one of his shows--so he introduces me to his bandmembers and their wives/girlfriends--as his girlfriend. He hung out with me while waiting for the other band to stop playing, bought me two drinks, sat all hugging up with me until it was time for him to go on. So I sat with at the "girl's table", with the other guy's wife and a few of their family members. The way they spoke to me and about me--it seemed like he'd mentioned me being his "girlfriend" to them before they'd ever met me. Apparently he'd spoken about me a lot. He's also mentioned how much his family wants to meet me before.

So later, we go home to my place to go to sleep. It's like 2am--he's pretty drunk at this point, having had a few more drinks while playing. We're laying in my bed and he goes "so I told them you were my girlfriend. I hope that's ok." so I say something--playfully, like "why wouldn't it be ok?". He replies "so you'll call me your boyfriend?" and I say yes. Then he starts gushing about how lucky he feels to have met me and how people are suppose to have to look for one in a million to find the right person for them--and how lucky he is to have found me and how cool and attractive and awesome I am--haha.

So thing is, I know he was drunk. He mentioned today about how drunk he was. So does that mean what he said--minus the gushing--is true? I feel weird bringing it up if it was the alcohol talking... Thoughts?

It was not the alcohol doing the talking, it was the alcohol that helped him do the talking. He's previously mentioned to the other band girls and wives that he had a girlfriend, and then brought you along. He has spoken about you a lot.

Girl, you can wipe away the fear that he doesn't truly feel that way, because he does.

One overarching question that I got from your post, though....

Was the band any good???

he definitely feels the way he said he does. if you bring it up he may play it off all cool cause he doesnt wanna look sappy, but guys are way more honest when they are drunk. so you can rest assured that if you call him your boyfriend then he'll call you his girlfriend. and he does feel lucky to have found you.

now knock it off with the doubting him thing. just the next time you see him run up to him give him a big kiss and then just hug him real tight and when he asks it is for say, "i just wanted to hug and kiss my boyfriend"

and then go on being happy with him

It sounds really good to me!

I think his drinking can be excused and wouldn't worry about it considering - before he even got so many drinks in his system, he was openly being affectionate with you, not afraid to be seen around his people that he is indeed with you, and they all knew about you and welcomed you.

Seems sweet. Yeah, I'm wondering what you thought of his show too....lol.

Archived