23 year old guy dating 15 year old girl?

jac7

OK so there's this guy, he's a garbageman and he's 22 going on 23 that is dating a recently turned 15 year old girl. They've only known each other for a few days and they've already made out. Who knows how far this guy is willing to go with her and I find this really disturbing and I really want to report it but dont know how. I think the girl might be lying to her parents and saying that he's really 18-19 but that is not the case. Any ideas what I could do? My original plan was to report it annonymously to his job but do you think they would they be able to do anything? Any advice is welcomed because I'm a fellow high school student of this girl and I'm very concerned over this.

Yeah, what are you talking about? I'm not interested in this girl, I'm just concerned about what this guys intentions are and how serious he plans on taking this relationship. This isnt a situation where they're just "hanging out", they're dating and she wants to be his girlfriend.

Why exactly does it bother you?

In some states its not illegal even if they have sex. I'm not sure about others but I know this because I live in Colorado, where it's legal, and I know a couple with the exact same age range.

Why it's not illegal? He made sure she got the ok to be with him from her parents. Theres a small part of the age of consent law that allows for younger than 17 (age of consent) to be with older people, within 10 years age difference, provided the parents allow it.

I don't know the person you speak of personally, but I do know the guy here. He is not a pedophile. He's not stupid. At first I thought he was delusional, seeing as how I didn't believe someone that young could be emotionally mature enough to handle being in a serious relationship, but in the last 6-7 months I've been proved wrong... at least so far.

Anyway the point of all this is, my opinion is I don't think this is a situation you should meddle too much in. The person you should really be talking to is her if you really suspect he's just using her.

Archived