Got a Text from her!!

I was dumped by my ex from a 5 year Relationship. Went into NC on July 1st....broke the NC on July 12th. After that went into NC since then.

I have been doing lot of good things to myself lately...like working out, eating right, running, reading, hangining out with friends....trying to flush the relationship out of my system. Thanks to this forum for great support and advice.

Got a txt from her on 22nd asking me 'How I was doing and that she just got home from work' I did not reply to the txt message..

Just out of curiosity How do I interpret this? Since she being the one who called it off

1) Does she still cares or has feelings for me?

2) Is she just curious to know what's going on in my life since I have blocked her from messenger, facebook, etc. etc.?

3) Is she missing me?

4) Should I reply to the txt message?

Can someone help me decipher this

Read it as exactly what it says. She cares, otherwise she would not ask, so answer her directly if you aren't too raw to speak to her.

It doesn't mean that she wants to get back together; it may mean she shows regret for loss of communication and companionship your breakup created.

If you speak to her you'll figure out whether there's anything else involved...but that is up to you and you should take your own time to answer her. If you do. Nobody can answer that but you. Either way, just remember that every decision you make is not set in stone - if it doesn't work, just make another one and chalk it to experience...

With only that limited info it could mean all of the above...or NOTHING at all.

Maybe she's bored. If it's been since the 22nd and that's all she said, with no more effort, then it wasn't THAT urgent. I know if it were ME and I wanted to get in touch with someone bad enough, I'd make more of an effort than a one line text. Seriously..

You wont know what she means, unless you reply.

This is why it's important to leave a door open to communication and if you are looking to reconcile.

Just because they communicate though, doesnt mean they are looking to come back and I wouldn't read into communication as anything more than a catch up. If you hear nothing worthwhile and that you may want to hear....then go on with your life again.

If they keep on contacting and still nothing....then you have one of two choices:

1. Become a friend, if you can.

2. Wave bye bye for good.

With only that limited info it could mean all of the above...or NOTHING at all.

Maybe she's bored. If it's been since the 22nd and that's all she said, with no more effort, then it wasn't THAT urgent. I know if it were ME and I wanted to get in touch with someone bad enough, I'd make more of an effort than a one line text. Seriously..

I had no contact with my ex for ten weeks.....

We are now back together.

Time taken to communicate and inbetween communication, isnt an indicator that things are bleak...

A lot of dumpers dont simply blurt out 'I want you back'...

They 'feel' their way back...

Im not saying she's looking to reconcile, but it shouldnt be counted out either.....because no one knows for sure.

Well the above posts give me great insight...but I have decided to stay in NC...since I am still Raw and working on myself...although I do miss her at times...but NC is making me stronger day by day...

I have been doing a lot of self reflection and don't want to back to square one...I am not sure what the future holds for me but for now I am just going to keep it the way it is.

Thanks Guys!!

Archived