When you "accidentily" read an ex's phone while he's texting another girl...

After about a month of LC-NC my ex and I hung out. He initiated it, but I had wanted to. We had a good time, laughed a lot. He had candles lit in his room and kept kissing me and I think he was trying to get me to sleep with him, but it wasn't like he came out and said it. Then later we were just watching a movie and I noticed him texting and the person he was texting's name had a

Now I know I didn't want to get back together with him and wasn't expecting to by hanging out with him, but it did kind of hurt me that he was texting whoever this was while I was on the couch next to him (He never used to text when we hung out bc he said I was so important to him he didn't need to talk to anyone else when we were together).

It might just be that they are good friends (Some of my good guy friends call me babe) but idk I kind of want to know if it is a gf bc I don't want to be messing around with him if he's dating someone.

Should I ask him who he was texting or will that just make me look stupid that I was looking over his shoulder while he texted?

What does

Next time when you're hanging out, if things start going into make out territory, ask him "hey, are you seeing anyone? I don't want to mess around if you're in a relationship". The best you can hope for is that he'll be honest.

"Babe" is different than "baby", in my opinion. Just thought I'd through that two cents in there as well.

Since he's your "ex", no, I wouldn't ask him. It's really not your concern, since you're no longer together. If you choose to allow yourself to be in this situation, you have to also deal with any consequences that occur, such as this.

Thank you for the "slap in the face". I really needed that.

ya if it just had that heart next to the name i wouldn't have thought anything of it. But the fact that I saw a sentence start off with "baby" means that its probably not just a girl that liked him. I mean it could have been his ex of 6 yrs that he just started talking to a lot more bc i could see why they might call eachother baby and stuff but her name starts with a K and it looked like the name was "brooke" or it could have said boo idk lol

Just to give another possibility.....Just b/c he's texing someone doesn't mean he has a gf...and even if he is seeing someone else that doesn't mean they have a serious exclusive relationship.

But the others are right he's your ex so you really don't have the right to be upset about it....if it's going to upset you, then you either have to ask him not to text other girls/people while you're around or just not give him the chance by not hanging out with him.

Archived