My girlfriend is depressed... please help.

caustic

Hey everyone... So i've been dating my girlfriend for almost 3 months now. I know some of you might think that 3 months is too short to care this much for someone, or whatever. But, i deeply do care for this person, and love her to death.

Our relationship is very healthy, full of laughter, excitement and fun. Whenever she's around me and where together, she's always smiling and having a good time. But its been more frequently now, that whenever i call her at night to say goodnight or whatnot, she becomes very depressed. Its not about our relationship, but about...herself.

I've asked her on many occasions "do you know whats bothering you?" and she would always respond with a "i dont know...i honestly dont know". She's told me she's thinking of getting a councilor which i 100% support. But, i am very worried for her. I care so much about her, and i dont want to see her like this. I tell her i love her, and i care for her, and i compliment her to the best of my abilities.

Now, what i do know is that her family is a mess. Parents are divorced, she hates her dad, her brother can be mean sometimes....her mom (who she lives with) can be very mean and is selfish as well. And i've asked her if its her family thats bothering her, and she's said somewhat, but not everything.

Please, anyone. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions to what I can do as her caring boyfriend to help her overcome this depression.

Thank you all in advance.

Well sounds like the family is whats causing it, when shes with you she feels safe and happy and of course when she goes home, having to live under the same roof with a mother who she probably doesn't love that much that can cause serious problems...also it sounds she doesn't have much of a family to turn to for help.

I say what your doing now is the right things and thats always beining there for her and your doing all you can. Goodluck with everything.

Also i was gonna ask do you live on your own ? or with your parents ?

If you got an extra room ask her if she wants to stay with you for awhile that might help her..if you live with your folks talk with them and see if they understand they might be able to help you some more. I think its better that she goes to sleep knowing the poeple whos she staying with like her unlike her mom.

I'm still very young, only 17. So ya, living with my parents. If i was able to I would love to spend nights with her if its what would help.

Well anyway, thanks both of you for helping. I think im gunna possibly encourage her even more to get a councilor. I think it would help her alot.

Thanks again guys.

How to Improve Your Relationship - ...
How to Improve Your Relationship - 8 Tips!

Archived