Going to a music performance at a pub by myself?

It looks like I am NOT going up north after all, this evening (due to some fighting between me and the best friend). I am still mad about the dog and what happened last week.

A few weeks ago, I got a group invitation to go to a band performance at a local pub, for today. I get these invites all the time because one of the band members is also involved in the SCA. Normally I don't go to these things because I go up north every Sat.

Would u go to a band performance alone??? I do know some friends who are going, but they are going with their SO.

I feel weird going alone to stuff like this.

I could stay home and play WoW online or relax.

I go to concerts all the time by myself! I always have a lot of fun and it's a good way to meet people. One of my friends went to a show by herself once and ended up meeting a guy. They've been together 2 years now.

Honestly, ren, WoW is dangerous if you want to have a social life. Don't stay home and play that. Get out and do something for yourself.

The concert sounds like fun. It's at a pub so it should be pretty relaxed atmosphere wise.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to dip your toes into feeling comfy doing these things solo.

It's usually just the getting there, then it's not weird at all.

If you know people, how will you look stupid? It's hard going places alone the first time, but I guarantee you it's much easier acfter the first time. You just have to try it once to get that first time over with.

If you think you might want to go still, you could always ring up one of your buds who is going to be there and see what's shaking. Y'know, if you feel like company tonight.

I wish I had thought of this earlier myself! It's not like you are walking in cold. Sometimes I don't mind doing that myself, but sometimes it feels like the piss.

You are going to meet friends.

I often look stupid when I go places by myself

I think people feel stupid doing things alone, but they don't really look stupid.

I remember once I went to eat at the cafeteria alone. I made it out in my head that everyone was staring at me when I walked in. I'm pretty sure I ate the fastest I've ever eaten in my life. I went back another day, and I started thinking, there's other people who are eating here alone and they've never once crossed my mind. Why would I cross theirs?

I ended up going to the performance. It was fun and I had a good time. I ran into some friends and hung out with them.

The performance also made me miss my ex because it became kinda a drunkfest (A LOT of drinking songs). My ex and I used to like to go see Rennie-type bands perform at different Irish pubs and this was something very similar. A lot of the attendees reminded me of my ex

Although it's been almost 4 years since my ex broke up with me, sometimes I still miss him.

Most of all, I miss having a bf

Hopefully that can be rectified soon.

I ended up going to the performance. It was fun and I had a good time. I ran into some friends and hung out with them.

The performance also made me miss my ex because it became kinda a drunkfest (A LOT of drinking songs). My ex and I used to like to go see Rennie-type bands perform at different Irish pubs and this was something very similar. A lot of the attendees reminded me of my ex

Although it's been almost 4 years since my ex broke up with me, sometimes I still miss him.

Most of all, I miss having a bf

Hopefully that can be rectified soon.

Glad to hear you had a nice evening, Ren.

Was it like that Free Credit Report commercial?

MG, I'll keep going out.

Actually I did have a busy weekend. I went jet-skiing with some co-workers this morning, so that was a lot of fun.

I am not going fencing today though because it is too hot and I am exhausted.

California seems to be baking in the 7th level of hell. I hate this weather.

Archived