just how bad is my eyeglass Rx

Yeah, that's pretty myopic. My contact prescription is -6.00 (left eye) and -5.50 (right eye). If they're able to give you lenses in that prescription it's not a big deal. Also make sure you get your eyes dilated every few years so they can check for anything weird going on in your eyes.

I just got an eye exam yesterday and aside from finding out I have astigmatism I also found out my prescription is -7.XX. Is this normal for someone in their early 20's? My friends keep telling me my glasses are really strong when they try them on.

What was your prescription the last time you got an eye exam?

It's normal for your friends to tell you that your glasses are strong if they have close to perfect vision or if they aren't as short sighted as you are. There's no need to worry about what they think about your glasses. Do you think your eyes are getting worse at a fast/faster rate?

What was your prescription the last time you got an eye exam?

It's normal for your friends to tell you that your glasses are strong if they have close to perfect vision or if they aren't as short sighted as you are. There's no need to worry about what they think about your glasses. Do you think your eyes are getting worse at a fast/faster rate?

The last time I got my eyes checked they didn't tell me my prescription but they said it hadn't really changed from the previous time (which was like 8 years ago). This most recent one was something like -7.75 in my right and -7.00 in my left. Not having it get worse is probably a good thing though.

Archived