Persistent upset stomach - HELP!!

Yesterday when I was at my bf's house, my stomach started to feel kinda bad (mostly gassy). I had just eaten a cheeseburger and my stomach does tend to have trouble dealing with gas (it grumbles a lot if there's anything trapped in there) so I didn't think much of it, I figured it would pass really quickly.

However, the rest of that night plus ALL of today, my stomach has persisted to feel upset. I've tried eating, in case it was empty; I tried not eating, in case it didn't want any food. I've gone to the bathroom plenty of times but NOTHING has helped. It doesn't matter how much water I drink, how much flatulence I let out, nothing. My stomach continues to feel very upset (a lot of grumbling, and a very slight underlying feeling of nausea).

This has never happened to me before Other than my stomach, the rest of my health seems fine. I've never had an upset stomach last for so long (other than stomach flu, but that's a different thing entirely!) I'm completely at a loss for what to do here. I'm really tired of my stomach being upset and I'm afraid the nausea will interfere with plans I had for tomorrow.

Does anyone know what could be causing this, or how I can make it go away??

i agree, herbal teas do wonders, but what i think you should do is get some type of laxatives to help you on your way, i have found if you have wind (gas) to ease the pain is to sit with your knees pulled up to your chest, this can ease it by tenfold.

are you on any new medications (pills) this can give you trapped wind, walk around do some sort of exercise to shift things about.

failing that demand and explanation from your doctor or go and speak to your pharmacist, they will know advise is free and he/she will be able to give you what you need.

hope this helps

jahur.

Peppermint tea also helps. Have you take Immodium??? Its a wonder stomach drug!

You may have minor food poisoning that your body needs to filter out. Are you pregnant???

We may have some Immodium in the house, I'll give that a try. I shouldn't be pregnant, I'm on birth control and my bf and I use condoms almost every time on top of that. Plus I took a pregnancy test today and it came out negative, so I'd be very surprised if there were somehow a baby in there

Try Maatox, or some med to de-gas yourself. drink ginger or chamomile tea to calm your stomach. Hope it helps. Feel better soon.

Thank you! I know we have some tea in the pantry, I'll have to scope it out.

again, as others said, herbal tea should work.

if you're still feeling like this tomorrow, i suggest sticking to brown rice.

do you have diarrhea?

No, while it has ranged from solid to soft everytime I've gone to the bathroom, it's not consistent or frequent and I wouldn't consider it to be diarrhea.

I plan on having some herbal tea when I wake up tomorrow, and brown rice sounds like a good idea too, if I'm still feeling bad (which I have the feeling I will, since it's shown no signs of improving so far )

Archived