Am I an unfriendly person?

sanadee
6 Signs of Poor Emotional Health
6 Signs of Poor Emotional Health

at work i mainly keep myself to myself, and not chat with many people. i only do this since i am not good at conversation.

Somebody told me it can come accross as unfriendliness, but it's not intentional on my part.

So, is it unfriendliness?

Lack of friendliness doesn't necessarily mean "unfriendly."

If someone were to approach you at work and talk to you directly, would you at least attempt engaging in conversation? I think the only way you'd come accross as unfriendly is if someone tried to talk to you and you said something rude, or didn't respond at all.

Lack of friendliness doesn't necessarily mean "unfriendly."

If someone were to approach you at work and talk to you directly, would you at least attempt engaging in conversation? I think the only way you'd come accross as unfriendly is if someone tried to talk to you and you said something rude, or didn't respond at all.

if somebody talks to me i'd engage them in conversation.

This means that you are a friendly sociable person. Silence is a good thing as opposed to talking alot for the sake of talking and coming accross insincere.

If you do say certain things then no one can judge you on them.If you speak truth in an honest way then this can only build better rapport. hope this helps.

but why would people assume that?

I don't dislike chatting. I just find i am poor at lasting conversation, so sometimes i desist from it. I know in my heart it's not due to disliking anybody, or being rude or hostile.

didn't you say the other day that you hate doing that and that you owe them nothing?

i don't owe strangers anything.

All I am saying is that i don't like it when people try and talk with me like their long lost brethren in public

i think with an attitude like this, then yes, you're unfriendly. people can tell when you are not interested and hate their very existence for trying to be friendly to you. people can tell when someone is unfriendly by how they respond to things. if you take the attitude like above, then yea, you'll be seen as unfriendly.

didn't you say the other day that you hate doing that and that you owe them nothing?

the fact that we are beholden to no-one is part of the human condition.

i think with an attitude like this, then yes, you're unfriendly. people can tell when you are not interested and hate their very existence for trying to be friendly to you. people can tell when someone is unfriendly by how they respond to things. if you take the attitude like above, then yea, you'll be seen as unfriendly.

aren't most people like this?

why is it bad to be quiet?

I didn't say it was bad to be quiet, just that it depends on how you carry yourself. Are you aware of your posture and body language? You may seem angry AND quiet ... that what others may key in on. I know lots of friendly people who are quiet; they carry themselves in such a way as to appear approachable and friendly though.

why is it bad to not be social?

What are you looking for here? Are you looking to improve yourself, looking to improve the impression of you that others have, or looking to challenge why someone views you as unfriendly? If you want to challenge why someone views you as unfriendly, I would suggest that you ask the person directly as they actually interact with you. We can only give you general tips ... unless you want to share more about yourself and where you are coming from.

What are you looking for here? Are you looking to improve yourself, looking to improve the impression of you that others have, or looking to challenge why someone views you as unfriendly? If you want to challenge why someone views you as unfriendly, I would suggest that you ask the person directly as they actually interact with you. We can only give you general tips ... unless you want to share more about yourself and where you are coming from.

i just want to know why it's bad not to be social.

People who are extroverts don't understand introverts. It's a huge problem, because introverts actually have physical symptoms (chest pains, shortness of breath, anxiety, stress) from engaging in long conversations. Sometimes they just want to be by themselves, not because they dislike people, but because they feel overwhelmed by the social input.

I think if the outgoing people tried better to understand introverts, there wouldn't be bullying and people wouldn't be getting hurt.

Archived