I sent my ex this horrible e-mail. I was so pissed at her. I found out my dad was dying today. I called her for support and she completely acted like her usual selfish self. I let her have it pretty good. But I don't care anymore. You don't treat someone like garbage on a day like this. I am disgusted I ever put so much effort into keeping her happy. She wasn't worth an ounce of affection or attention

Thanks. All I needed was a non family member to talk to. My family was finding consolement in me and I was having to be the strong one but I was broken up inside. I really needed her to just listen. I mean, we broke up 3 weeks ago after 16 months together. I still trusted her alot. And she screwed me over emotionally

Thanks. All I needed was a non family member to talk to. My family was finding consolement in me and I was having to be the strong one but I was broken up inside. I really needed her to just listen. I mean, we broke up 3 weeks ago after 16 months together. I still trusted her alot. And she screwed me over emotionally

Hey,

First I wanted to say that I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I know that this is a really tough time for you and your family, the last thing you need is an ex acting like a total * * * * * about something as serious as that. If one of my ex's called me I would be extremely concerned about your situation. I know you want to be strong, but right now things are going to be hard for you. So, just allow yourself to feel upset when you need to. Don't hold your emotions inside. That will just make things worse.

You can find lots of great people to talk to here on ENA. They are really supportive. They helped me get through a tough time with my ex, and a serious medical issue. I had to get a tumor removed yesterday from my breast. My ex doesn't care about me, BUT all of my friends and family do. People on here were really sweet about it. The point is, I know you are feeling terrible. Lean on your friends and family for support. In the end they are the best people you have. They will be there before and after a girlfriend.

Your ex is selfish and just inconsiderate. I wouldn't talk to her anymore.

Best Wishes,

Ivory

For your father, there is nothing I can say... I hope you and your family are able to stay strong and appreciate each other during this trying time.

As for your ex, without knowing what she said to you and in giving you the full benefit of the doubt, my guess is that she has turned it around to be all about her. She has concocted a notion that you as much as 'made up' your father's illness in order to get a rise or to incite some sort of closeness between the two of you. I wish that weren't the case, but it often is. She's seeing herself as your unattainable thing and that you are doing all in your power, including using your own life, to get her back.

That's some guesswork, of course. I hope it's not so icky as that. I mean, did she just say something like, 'Why are you wasting my time?' or more like 'Oh, really? Well, that's too bad, I was at the mall today and there was this incredibly cute guy there, he was selling jeans and so I went over...'

It's also possible that she is one of those people who simply does not react well to trauma and tragedy. There are many human beings who tighten up and turn to themselves (shut down, as we sometimes say) when faced with the facts of existence and mortality.

Anything else you need to get off your chest, of course you are more than welcome to.

your ex should be the least of your problems. sucks she doesn't have sympathy in a situation like this and be supportive, but she is your ex. usually when you break up, you go your separate ways. sounds like she completely is going the other way without remorse for your current situation. sorry to hear this is happening to you right now.

She sent me a text today telling me I was "psychotic". I know all about the no contact rule but I called her back and she actually,miraculously, answered!! We talked for a while. Ans she can't seem to see what was wrong with how she acted. She told me that when she saw my texts after we hung up she got pissed and refused to call me back. When I told her she didn't have to prove anything and that all I wanted was to talk all she came back with was something about how I knew she hated getting texts. * * * ??? How is that an excuse at all?

how long have you been broken up? who broke up with who? what did your texts say?

We dated for 15 months. We've been broke up about 3 weeks. My texts just said stuff like she should just tell me straight up how she feels so I can move on. And then another said something about how I was there for her when she was feeling down. Then another was about how she was a worse friend than she was a gf. Like I said......My dads condition really messed me up yesterday. I'm embarrassed about my actions

We dated for 15 months. We've been broke up about 3 weeks. My texts just said stuff like she should just tell me straight up how she feels so I can move on. And then another said something about how I was there for her when she was feeling down. Then another was about how she was a worse friend than she was a gf. Like I said......My dads condition really messed me up yesterday. I'm embarrassed about my actions

well, don't look back at her and move on. be there for your family for now and find another girl after.

Your Boyfriend Left You - So What?
Your Boyfriend Left You - So What?

Archived