question about alcohol/marijuana

ways to stop drinking alcohol - ste...
ways to stop drinking alcohol - steps to stop drinking

i am 18, but when i was 16 i would drank heavily for quite some time. i am no stranger to alcohol and i think it's important i stress that point. however, there was one night about a year and a half ago when i was drunk and got strangely sick. it was not your average hangover and since then i've never been able to see alcohol the same. nowadays when i drink, i drink maybe a shot or two and i start to feel a little nauseated and i breathe heavily. i've had bloodwork done, everything is fine with me and i'm wondering if it is just an anxiety attack that is causing me to feel this way (since now i am a little timid when it comes to drinking) i was wondering if anyone has had similar problems and what they did to overcome this mentality. i enjoy drinking and i'd like to be able to have a drink with my friends every now and then without feeling so bad. i am not (anymore, at least) the type to go out and get wasted every night, just casually have a few drinks.

p.s. i am also unable to drink beer, it gives me headaches and makes me feel sick. anyone know why that might be? i'm just curious (and disregard the marijuana tag in the title)

Your body could have developed an aversion to alcohol after having a bad experience. One of my friends got alcohol poisoning once and was unable to drink anything for almost an entire year. She couldn't even walk around downtown on the weekend without feeling sick from the smell of beer on people. Rather than downing shots, you could try to slowly reintroduce alcohol into your system with some watered-down mixed drinks.

i had a really really bad experience with remy xo last christmas. i always get really competitive when i drink and HAVE to drink everyone under the table... k, i got SO sick. i thought i was going to DIE. still haven't been able to drink since.

my friend got alcohol poisoning and still haven't been able to drink since. i really wouldn't force it.

You could try smoking weed and drinking at the same time. That helped me. The weed will calm you down, and it'll likely get rid of the anxiety. If you drink a small amount of alcohol, (an amount that normally wouldn't do much for you) the weed will amplify the effect, making you feel great, with less alcohol in your system.

Ignore this if you don't smoke weed.

You should also drink what tastes good to you. Ever since I had the worst hangover of my life from vodka, I have a lot of trouble drinking alcohol that tastes terrible to me. Before, I would handle it just fine, despite the bad taste. Now, it makes me feel nauseated each time. It's helped me a lot to drink tasty fruity drinks.

Downing a couple shots doesn't exactly make anyone feel great. People do that because they are retarded.

Its poison.

But yeah, I'd say have a beer now and then to let your body get used to it.

Your still young so don't expect to be drinking like a champ otherwise you'll be an alcoholic like alot of people in no time.

Best bet tho is to chillout for a while and smoke weed (if you do) and let your liver heal for a year or so.

It's the same idea if you were to eat a slice of pizza and then throw up directly afterward.

Your body will now be disgusted by pizza and most likely greasy food for sometime.

However, pizza is food and somewhat appetizing. Alcohol is not food and your body will never view it as appetizing. Making the reaction to booze much more repulsive for a much longer time.

Archived