An invitation from a female friend

taxi10
English Conversation Practice - Inv...
English Conversation Practice - Inviting Someone to the Bar

Difficult to resist against a pretty attached female friend who invites you to her home !! The thing is that we have been hanging out together without the presence of her boyfriend, nothing sexual it was just plain platonic. What she doesn't know is that I have a feeling for her !!

Now, Her boyfriend came back but she invited me to her home for a dinner ! honestly speaking I could go but don't feel comfortable being there because I don't know him well. She might have told him our platonic thing but how far will that convince him? I don't know? What do you think?

Eh....If she's calling you while he's there this means he's cool about it.

But since you have feelings toward her...eh.....that makes things complicated for you.

Do as you wish (what a brilliant advice lol)

Good luck.

Eh....If she's calling you while he's there this means he's cool about it.

But since you have feelings toward her...eh.....that makes things complicated for you.

Do as you wish (what a brilliant advice lol)

Good luck.

Thats not true, i doubt hes cool with it, and its usually pretty obvious when you have feelings for someone, especially since the bf will be dispositioned to think you do, he may tolerate this now but i can tell you trouble is brewing in the water! Try to include him in you hang out, become friends with him if you want to continue to hang out with her, and if they are living together its gonna be kinda hard to get her, and while of course her bf is home.

How would you feel if you were the bf and he was hanging out alone with her?

I don't think it is very respectful of her to spend time with another guy unless you were old friends and met her bf very early on.

She may very well know you have feelings for her and it will be assumed by the bf that you are trying to move in on her.

Don't be this guy. If you turn down an invitation to spend time with both of them but you easily spend time alone with her it will be obvious to the bf that you have other than respectable intentions.

Lost

You're just setting yourself up for a big fall.

C'mon, you're a guy. You know how guys think and you know that her BF will read you the instant you walk in the door. So you'll get to sit through an awkward dinner with his eyes on you while you have to pretend to be some kind of 'platonic' guy friend who doesn't have the hots for his girl. Sounds like a crappy evening to me.

My best advice is to put some value on your time and efforts, and spend your attention on women who are actually available.

I agree, it is obvious to a bf when you have intentions or feelings. Sadly girls do not understand this and many assume their bfs are being paranoid and insecure. I would tell you to do the honorable thing and tell her that you cannot spend time alone or in compromising situations any more because she is in a relationship and if you were in one you would want those boundaries respected (unless the guy is a d***), but I don't think I know many people who would actually listen to me. Ultimately it is a competition that girls don't really get. I have to admit that it would be better signs for you if she was trying to keep your relationship a secret. She seems to put it out in the open to show how "platonic" it is. This of course does not rule out that she would have romantic intentions with you.

This one guy used to call my last girlfriend 'babe', I wanted to ring his obvious little neck. And she sat there telling me he didnt have feelings for her. He admitted it a few days after we broke up. People are selfish sometimes.

I think we might have met five times and it was just a normal acquaitance. We have exchanged many emails though as we have the same hobbies. At that time her BF was away in abroad and she told me everything about him.

She has always been talking about him but that didn't make me uncomfortable at all but since he is back - it looks uncool. She called me saying that since they are moving into a new house, it would be great to join them for dinner. Don't know what to do?

I can understand where you are coming from . I must admit that since his return, she has decreased the number of emails she used to send . I don't know him well, neither I want to put myself in a weird situation.

She never mentioned of introducing me to her BF at all ....

I'm not sure what you're hoping to accomplish by going to dinner. It's unlikely that you're going to be able to hide your attraction to this guy's GF. Like I said, he's going to read you like a book. Or are you hoping to hit it off with him? Then what? You're going to become good friends with him and hang out with them, while you lust after her? And watch her go home with him?

Decline the invitation, say you've got other plans. Then lessen the contact, and go chase other girls.

Archived