My ex stood me up for Date. No Contact ?

I started to slowly date my ex again

we seemed to be doing well

(he was calling me a lot, being sweet, sharing things)

on the weekend he stood me up and made up a lame excuse that he was mysteriously injured

he acted angry at ME when he messed up

since then he hasnt returned my phone calls but i see him on facebook and twitter and seems great

time to just go no contact in return ?

And Ill add that the NO CONTACT from him for last 5 days (he only texted me when he didnt show up for date, never called back)

has made me really feel depressed and not trusting.

I don't see how anyone can use NC to get back together. i know its supposed to be a tool to heal one's self, but that some people tout it for getting a loved one back)

And Ill add that the NO CONTACT from him for last 5 days (he only texted me when he didnt show up for date, never called back)

has made me really feel depressed and not trusting.

I don't see how anyone can use NC to get back together. i know its supposed to be a tool to heal one's self, but that some people tout it for getting a loved one back)

NC isnt to get back together, its to heal. Getting back together is just a side effect that happens in very small cases.

Why didn't you ask for answers when things were going well (at the beginning of your reconciliation)? Maybe he fcould sense you'd be asking him some tough questions and decided to bail instead....??

Anyways, I love the expression "No answer IS your answer"

Why didn't you ask for answers when things were going well (at the beginning of your reconciliation)? Maybe he fcould sense you'd be asking him some tough questions and decided to bail instead....??

Well there's the rub.... Already went thru several weeks discussing our relationship and what could've gone better and how we could improve things second time around.

I've been absolutely blindsided by him standing me up on the weekend and concocting a BS injury.

I like this expression too, but to me it seems to be a double edged sword.

If you are doing NC to heal and they are around, and I'm sure they've heard that expression too - What if they're sitting there thinking the same thing about you as you are about them, that since you are in NC, no answer is your answer to them that you want nothing to do with them meanwhile you mistakenly stay in NC because you hear nothing from THEM, assuming that their not responding to you is their way of showing that no answer is their answer to you...get it???

I think in some cases a reach out is warranted to test the waters. In this case though it may be good to stay away for a bit as he stood you up.

Archived