I want to be alone - I feel so sad

EJRG
Feeling like a failure, mum? This i...
Feeling like a failure, mum? This is what you need to hear

Hi,

Yesterday, I'll call Black Tuesday. After lunch I was told the a course that I was supposed to be on next week is not going ahead because of a lack of staff. I had missed the cut off point - what the.....!!!! With less than a week to go to the start of the course they find they don't have sufficient teaching staff. Then later that day I get a Facebook message from a friend who I was very worried about (I hadn't heard from her in 3 months - telephone was at first engaged, then just rang), telling me that she has a very aggressive brain tumour and the prognosis is not good. I rang and spoke to her for two hours in hospital - I am so sad about this, I didn't know where she was for a long time (18 odd years) and now when I do find her again there is a real chance that I'll loose her forever. I missed her so much - I like talking to her. This whole day has left me devastated. At first yesterday I was numb, today I am so sad, so very very sad. I've cried because I'm not sure if I have anything that I want in life now. I'm going to see her in the next week or so (she is in Sydney), I hope not for the last time. I'm so scared.

Wow. I understand how sad, lost, and confused you must be feeling. I lost my sister unexpectedly at 32 a few years ago. I have accepted the reality, yet it did take time.

That is great you are going to go see her in Sydney in the next few weeks. That will mean much to her, be good for her, and do some good for you too. Do your best on both sides to maximize the time you may have left with her.

Archived