Think I'm falling in love...

ziggie31

My bf and I have been together for 3.5 months now and have been seeing each other for nearly 5. I've cared about him a lot this whole time but didn't know if I truly loved him yet.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've felt myself grow closer and closer to him, and I really think I'm starting to fall. I care very deeply about him and just love being in his company. I've even started to have almost constant dreams about telling him I love him, or hearing him say it to me, and I've felt the impulse once or twice to tell him how I feel.

I'm just afraid that he won't return the feeling. I'm his first girlfriend so I don't know how that could affect his desire to get serious (even though we have been in a serious relationship thus far, he may have some kind of stigma surrounding the "L-word") and he's been emotionally slower than me this whole time. There was a period where we both felt that I liked him a lot more than he liked me, and the "gap" agitated both of us and caused a lot of anxiety. However, he says he feels a lot closer to me now, and we've both been getting along great.

I'm afraid to push anything to the next step if he's not ready, but I don't know what to expect if I wait for him to make the first move...what should I do?

A different view here:

If you say he has been typically emotionally slower than you this whole time and:

There was a period where we both felt that I liked him a lot more than he liked me, and the "gap" agitated both of us and caused a lot of anxiety.

I would wait. It has only been 3.5 months. Even above taking his pace into consideration, that is not a lot of time at all. My 2 cents is to enjoy the loving feelings within & maybe just express yourself outwardly by saying things like "I love being with you" "I love it when you touch me" etc.

Archived