Scorpio Man & Aquarius Woman

sasha1982
Capricorn man Scorpio woman
Capricorn man Scorpio woman

I have been dating this amazing man for about 3 months now.. He is a perfect balance of masculine with a sensitive side.. he's a cop and does some bodybuilding, yet he has this passive emotional side to him.. He's very passionate, says sweet things, loves cuddling, is extremely thoughtful and a good listener.. He's been incredibly consistent and giving since the day I met him, always keeps dates, sleepovers on weekends, gives me massages and hot baths.. We are taking a trip together to Mexico in November, he has even given me a key to his place.. our sex life is great as well... There is a very strong emotional and physical connection between us... Like those couples you see in the store holding hands and just look so in love.. we have that lol.. My issue is.... He's not that fun He is so polite, kind, reserved... but very very routine, has slight OCD with cleanliness and a very bland kind of personality. I have to really pull it out of him to get some joking and personality out of him.. He seems very reserved and while he is confident and a great leader, he's just not that outgoing... I feel like he holds back in my presence, or maybe that is just how he is? I asked him awhile ago how comfortable he was with me and he said he was at a 10 now... Which, I was surprised to hear because I didn't feel he could really let loose around me and thought he maybe just needed more time to get comfortable with me but he has not really changed in 3 months. We have dead silence sometimes and I find it a bit uncomfortable..

Has anyone ever dated anyone like this? He actually reminds me of my father.. A strong silent type..

I am totally falling in love with this guy and want it to have lasting potential but feel a bit of a road block personality wise.. He is a Scorpio- the intense/passion/romantic... I am an Aquarius.. we are free-thinkers, love adventure, a bit eccentric, independent. I always wanted to marry the kind of man I could laugh for hours with and stay up talking all night.

This is what i look for in a woman. you should try and kick start his fun side by taking him to an adventure experience or theme park, try to get him to open up with his emotions such as humour etc. do something that involves sudden laughs or adrenaline. this should help to make him more pliable.

he is what he is and if he claims to be 10 in comfort with you (and he genuinely believes it) then not much will change in the coming months and/or years. If this is a problem you need to voice your concerns to him, and if it's a deal breaker for you it's probably best to get out sooner rather than later so as not to invest too much emotion into what could potentially be a failing relationship.

Good luck either way, but talk to him about it first?

(and no blame, it's not his fault he's the way he is)

Im a scorpio, and as you know we are very reserved, I was like that with my ex for a few months, until I became really comfortable, it also takes the other person to "get it out" of us..we are very guarded and always observing, its what makes them good cops and leaders..I agree with averagejoe, just introduce some fun things with him,joke and pick at him..show him some of your vulnerable side, and I think he'll come around

That's good advice.. He loves being active, maybe we need to do more fun dates than just movies & dinners. I prefer those kind of dates anyway, I get bored sitting and doing nothing. He always brings up the dinner & movie ideas, so maybe I will just plan a date and bring up other ideas.. He might just not know what else I'd want to do besides the normal.

He's very open emotionally, but it's all sweet stuff.. He says the nicest things, holds my face, touches my hair, he even does this "I love you" writing on my back, it's the sweetest thing ever.. And while I love it, I'm a total goofball and will just get up and start dancing in my underwear or jumping on the bed singing lol.. He loves it & and loves to laugh, but it's just me being a one-man show and I feel stupid like I'm just trying to entertain him and getting not much back as far as entertaining me. I'm used to dating more goofy outgoing personalities that I can really feed off and it makes me even more funny/crazy/silly.. This guy holds my personality back a lot.

But I will try more fun dates, maybe that will work?

I'm not giving up on him yet.. I'm totally falling for him, he makes my heart do flip flops.. But he is definitely the more emotional one, I'm not very emotional. Very loving and kind hearted, but more into fun and joking around.. that's when I feel my best. Aquarius love to put fun into everything they do, including their sex & relationships.

I even try and get him to drink more around me hoping that might loosen him up a bit.. lol it doesn't work that well.. Usually I'm still drunk and entertaining him

Men marry women expecting them never to change but they do, women marry men expecting them to change but they never do. Law of the universe. Don't expect him to change, people are who they are and if you cannot love him for who he is then you should not do him the disservice of staying with him if you are going to find someone else who you like more because they make you laugh. Frankly, I don't really see how you can be falling in love with a guy and yet be so critical of your compatibility. Frankly I think you are going to end up dumping him and then regretting it horribly one day, but I don't think you will really have a choice. After all that little voice in the back of your head that says something is wrong just can't be ignored right!

P.S. I am an Aquarius and while I am adventurous and outgoing, I usually get more attached faster then my partner and would describe myself as often being stoic (sometimes to my regret).

i disagree with windowto..respectfully, its only 3 months in, and you guys havent learned everything about one another, I was the exact same way, very lovey and caring, but I didnt laugh all the time..some people have what they find funny..I wouldnt write him off or give up..like i said just do fun things with him, give it more time and Im sure it will come out..also consider his profession, where he has to be controlling, and professional at all times..it takes a little to switch back and forth..and honestly I would love it when my ex use to the same thing, I would make her feel that good and she couldnt contain it and would jump from the bed..laughed my butt off

The reason I can say I'm falling in love, yet I'm worried about our compatibility... Is that as a Scorpio man, he is exactly what you read about them as lovers... He is completely standing out over any guy I've ever dated in the love/romance category... He runs me warm bubble baths, gives me full body massages, lights candles, he's so thoughtful always coming to see me even if it's just for a hug in my driveway, sends me cute texts every single morning and every single night calls me or texts me to tuck me in.. He booked me an hour massage because I was knotted up from volleyball/gym and he wanted me to get a professional one done, he waits up for me when I go out with my girlfriends every Saturday night, so I can still see him/sleepover afterwards.. He will bring me breakfast in bed if I'm too tired.. And he writes "I love you" on my back when he rubs me..

How could I NOT fall in love with him? LOL... He is everything a woman dreams of as far as romance goes... He's very passionate and caring.

But we don't laugh or have fun very much

It's all romantic/sweet/sexual..

I have been in long-terms where the guy did barely ANY of that stuff, yet we could go to the grocery store and our cheeks hurt from laughing and being goofy the whole time.. Or sit up all night talking & joking around.

I guess it just depends what our idea of "perfect" is.. Or what we want in a long-term partner..Guess we can't have it all ..

He is amazing, just wish I could have more fun with him!

But he seems to be very trusting, so I can have my fun with my friends time.. I guess I just sort of always thought of my partner as my best friend, someone I can love/laugh with. Yet women want romance too... So I guess you can't have it both ways.

And I believe you can have it both ways. It's about believing that both components do exist and not settling for anything less. Indeed he does sound romantic, but it also appears that you place a heavy importance on being able to be relaxed, comical and goofy(so do I!) with your partner.

I would caution going against what you know to be true about yourself, regarding what you value important in partner.

That's a good point.. Well it's still early, only 3 months.. That's what dating is all about finding what works for you and what doesn't... I think he's great and I hope we can find happiness together. He seemed to really care about me... The only thing I am worried about is that he is a relationship guy (that is good) but he has never gone further than a few years with a girl. He's 33 and been in a 3 yr in his early 20's, another 2 year, 1 year, another just over 2 years, an 8 months, and another 1 year I believe. And maybe a few more in between... Only one of them he got engaged to, she lived with him briefly and it ended pretty badly from what he told me. So I think Scorpios tend to love deeply and romanticly and can have many many partners in life.. they tend to fall for almost everyone they date (from what I hear).. as they are loving/romantic in nature no matter who they are with.

So who knows, I could just be his next girlfriend for awhile until the next one.

I'm a Scorpio and so is the guy that I've been seeing on and off for a while.

I can say that we are crazy together and stay up for hours talking and LAUGHING. Laughing until we are crying. We are comfortable and basically ridiculous/silly around each other. I've never laughed so much in my life.

Sooooooooo.... this is a personality compatability issue. I wouldn't say it has anything to do with his birth date.

Perhaps when he feels more comfortable with your relationship he will open up more and be a little silly.

i disagree with windowto..respectfully, its only 3 months in, and you guys havent learned everything about one another, I was the exact same way, very lovey and caring, but I didnt laugh all the time..some people have what they find funny..I wouldnt write him off or give up..like i said just do fun things with him, give it more time and Im sure it will come out..also consider his profession, where he has to be controlling, and professional at all times..it takes a little to switch back and forth..and honestly I would love it when my ex use to the same thing, I would make her feel that good and she couldnt contain it and would jump from the bed..laughed my butt off

Well, I don't think that she SHOULD write him off, I just think that she will eventually. After all, humor and fun is important to women to a degree that is straight up awkward. And by awkward I mean that humor/fun is supposed to be an indicator of social intelligence which is supposed to be an indicator to greater survivability which is supposed to attract a woman instinctively, but in reality I know plenty of socially intelligent guys who are more serious and not funny or playful. But anyway, by all means my advice would be to explore the relationship and follow your gut. Also, this guy sounds like his romantic style is a lot like mine, and I am an aquarius (repeat that stuff is nonsense, but it can be useful in order to describe very generally and quickly personalities (though the birthday won't match up and everyone can probably take a little bit from each symbol at some point or in some way).

I agree, it sounds more like that is his personality, rather than a sign incompatibility. I do believe to a certain extent about the signs. But, my new guy is a Leo, and I'm a Virgo, and we are supposed to be bad matches, and we have had NOTHING but fun for the past 3 months. I've known him for 2 years, and we have had so much fun together over those 2 years even before we started dating. We can go do ANYTHING and have a blast, he makes me laugh to death and I think it is sooo important to be able to laugh and be goofy. The next day when I see him, the first thing he says is wow I had so much fun with you last night. I think that's how it should be, and if that is important to you too, then you guys might not be the best matches. Give it some more time, and if the fun guy you are hoping for still doesn't come out, then figure out if you can live with a romantic guy or if you need a funny guy too.

Archived