Lost on really where it comes from...

a_lifters_life
Good Morning Brother Quotes
Good Morning Brother Quotes

You know the story, both 20, year and couple months together..

What's up with some women and assertiveness? My girl gets all pissed of at her immediate family and then i have to hear her whine about them alllllllllllllllllll the time. She may complain that her brother is bothering her (he's 23 or 24 and still lives at home) and I'll tell her to stick up for herself.

Her dad for instance wanted her to watch these dogs of one of her family members for a week or so. My g/f says she wanted to just watch them herself. Well next thing you know this father/brother who is a year or so out of college is there with his clingy g/f. I told my g/f that she needs to tell him she's fine and he needs to leave. He responds saying "I have nothing else to do".

My g/f just isnt assertive enough really with anyone. It's extremely annoying because someway or another i get tied into plans sporadically changing all the time, or stuff like this letting me down. I mean we cant even skype for 30 or 45 mins without her brother whining to her to go do something he doesnt want to do.

Anyone? Also anyone in similiar situation?

Wow, I have a brother just like that! Tell your girlfriend she needs to be more asserative! ... that's all I can say... I really have no advice for you I am sorry I've been stuck in you girlfriends place and all I could do is tell my mom to tell my brother to stop bothering me? Which is childish. Talk to her though, tell her she needs to stick up for herself!

Does this just happen when her family is involved? Maybe she just feels she can't say no to them. She possibly feels she has a responsibility to do whatever is needed / requested, but doesn't necessarily like it, hence the whining.

Does this just happen when her family is involved? Maybe she just feels she can't say no to them. She possibly feels she has a responsibility to do whatever is needed / requested, but doesn't necessarily like it, hence the whining.

Basically her family, me, and everyone she acts this way around.

Archived