girly-girl that likes guy stuff...is that attractive?

Dancergirl425
Learn English Via Listening | Begin...
Learn English Via Listening | Beginner Level | Lesson 28 l Interests and Hobbies

Need a guy's opinion please...

I'm a girly-girl. Love to wear dresses, wear make up everyday, do ballet, paint my nails... However, I love a lot of guy stuff too. I love watching football, baseball, and hockey (even though I don't know all the rules yet). I like playing xbox (gears of war and call of duty!) I listen to bands like bayside, mayday parade, senses fail..

I've always been told by guys that it's awesome I love those things, but I'm wondering if they're only saying that. Do guys really like girls that are into guy stuff..or do you see us as just one of the guys? If I show a guy that I'm into these things will I be placed in the friends zone?

ehhh.....i have heard a lot of women placing guys in the friends zone.

but let's get one thing straight. men don't have female friends...we have female that we haven't hooked up with yet lolz.

jk, my good friend right now is actually a girl.

but gee.......you are a girl that will play video game and watch football with a guy. I am surprised you aren't married yet.

Yea I wonder that too, I look really girly, wear dresses sometimes but then I don't bother with nails and accessories. I dress in a very simple way. But then apart from this I'm basically a guy. I'm a hardcore football (soccer) fan and I basically go insane when I talk about it, which means snapping at horrible goal misses or players. I also listen to rock bands like Oasis, and find mainstream 'girly' or club music really annoying. I like violence on films and hate those chick flicks more than ever. I can also act pretty guyish like giving some of my mates the 'bro' high-5. On top of that I have a rather low voice :S But my appearance is extremely girlish because of my face and I'm petite.

I'm not really into sports unless I'm doing the playing or driving. So I couldn't say for that. But yes, chicks who are into some guy stuff are pretty cool. All I need is a girlfriend who's into watersports, and can get a little rough sometimes (play wrestling, that sort of stuff)

You sound awesome DancerGirl! I have heard legends of women like you existing. I always figured they fell somewhere in the ball part of a unicorn and bigfoot though, as far as chances of actually spotting one in the wild. image removed

image removed

I'm the sports fanantic, especially football and basketball! I follow the Lakers (World Champs!!!), and the Steelers (love, love, love, em!!!!), love the Olympics, etc... My bf hates sports!! Go figure. He's a very masculine male and I'm very girly. I love make-up, always have my fingernails and toenails painted, highlight my hair, have two closets full of clothes, and five jewelry boxes and two dresser drawers full of jewelry! Being feminine does not mean you can love sports. I'm also an accomplishe equestrian and rode competitively for many years. My bf hates horses. Go figure.

I always heard about guys finding these women amazing but most of the time I get friends zone. Even guys who find me physically attractive treats me like one of the boys

I'm not sure it is possibly for a guy to completely friend-zone a girl who they think is physically attractive.

I'm not sure it is possibly for a guy to completely friend-zone a girl who they think is physically attractive.

so you are saying that guys will pursue every pretty girl they encounter?

no... I just mean that they may find me cute/pretty but is not attracted to me.

I always heard about guys finding these women amazing but most of the time I get friends zone. Even guys who find me physically attractive treats me like one of the boys

how do you want the boys to treat you?

don't you meet enough men who wants to get into your pants on a regular basis already?

how do you want the boys to treat you?

don't you meet enough men who wants to get into your pants on a regular basis already?

Not really, guys usually just want to be friends with me. I guess either it's because I don't go out much so I dont meet a lot of jerks, or maybe I'm not as attractive as I think I am... lol

It is. Some of my male friends find me physically attractive at first (enough to try to pursue me romantically), but after knowing me, they see me as a sister-like figure. It is possible, indeed. (And I don't think my personality is like horrifying or anything... they're still good friends with me!)

On topic, OP, you're pretty much a guy's dream girl. Every girl I know who likes to play video games drive guys NUTS! (in a good way). It makes me wish I was into that sort of thing, but I hate computer related things and sports confuse me. LOL I'm wayyy too girlie.

ok dancegirl, chelsea, and southern.... any of you single right now?

you three are like "the perfect girl". and if you ever need a guy lemme know

i'm kind of sad to say this because its horrible but its true... guys have categories that we place girls into. like when we meet a girl, we can tell if she is the type that is really really girly and will only wear skirts and dresses and is high maintenance and we put her in the "hit it and quit it" category if she is beautiful. girls that dont look like they pay attention to their appearance ever we put in the "avoid if it is convenient to" category.

but you girls.... if you look like girly girls and act like guys, then you just have to be yourselves and you will have any guy who wants to actually have a relationship wrapped around your finger. its not even funny how easily you could have a guy on his knees wanting to do whatever you want him to do for you.

just be careful. with great power comes great responsibility. idk who said that but it was some old dead dude. and its true. seeing as how you are like the perfect woman all you need to do to get a guy to ask you to marry him is have sex, and when you are done stand up, put on his shirt and panties, and go make him a sandwich. and thats it. you just made yourself a husband if you want him.

but as every guy here will agree...

women who like "guy" things are way way attractive to us.

in order to give you a good idea of how much we like this type of girl it is pretty much the same as when you go out with a guy who remembers every important date, just randomly brings you a rose to your house or work and says he needed an excuse to come give you a kiss, and wakes you up at 4am on your birthday to take you to watch the sunrise on a hilltop, and all that kind of stuff.

that is how attractive a girl liking sports, videogames, wrestling with us, and still keeps herself looking good is in our eyes.

But what if I tend to be TOO guyish... like, putting my legs up in random situations... you know, I have a girl's face but is also rowdy.... that can be a bit of a turn off

I'd say:

a girly-girl who is into guys stuff: very good thing and a turn-on

a "girly-girl" who acts like a guy: not a girly-girl in the first place, and a potential turn-off

Hm good question. I think yea on the surface a lot of guys would like that. I personally am not sure though. I am always attracted to opposites.... Also with the whole loving sports / videogames. I would feel like the more interests of mine you shared, the less personal space I'd have. I mean for example football games are times to go hangout with the fellas... and if your girl liked football as much as you that may be an opportunity you don't get because she'd want to come along. Now I dunno maybe this is thinking far in advance... and maybe its only true for me but hey its the way I feel.

Don't get me wrong I have thought many times how it would be cool to have a girl with those interests... I just don't know how good it would be.

If you don't want her around much, pick a girl who isn't anything like you. You're right about that.

My boyfriend and his friends love that I know my stuff and show up when they get together. I get invited, not just "tag along".

But everyone has different expectations for a girlfriend. My bf wants me around.

Archived