How do you lose thigh and hip weight?

My Weight Loss Journey! #shorts#Doc...
My Weight Loss Journey! #shorts#DoctorsWeightLoss#evepacifichealth

My years of eating crap have finally caught up to me. I'm not getting fat, but my thighs and hips are getting bigger. I can't even hardly fit into my pants anymore that i've had for years. I hate it. I have done really good and haven't eaten junk food in like a week though! What exercises are good to lose big thighs?

I'm glad you are starting to turn your life around! Nutrition is half the battle, so be sure to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and plenty of skim-1% milk! Keep away from processed foods and the cheeses! Trying eating six smaller meals every few hours instead of three bigger meals.

Sadly, there's no such thing as losing weight from a certain spot. Your body will lose fat and weight as a whole, not just in the thighs. A lot of people believe cardio is the only way. Don't get me wrong cardio IS a very good way to burn fat, but the burning only lasts for the duration of your workout. Along with that, it also gets very boring, very fast.

Weight lifting is also a great way to lose weight and burn fat. Muscle burns calories roughly eight times as fast as fat, so even just sitting around doing nothing you're going to burn calories. You don't have to be huge like the people on TV to have good muscle. Some easy free weights is an easy way to get up and going! And for legs, using the leg curl and leg extensions and hip sled tone up the legs quite well!

Pilates and yoga are also good ways to get into shape, personally I have never done either, but I've heard from friends' first-hand experiences that they do work very nicely.

Make sure to keep the stress level LOW! Not only will you feel better mentally and emotionally, but the physical being feels better as well! Take 15 minutes out of your day and just drift to a deserted island where there are no worries anywhere. There are also tapes and videos that have more in-depth stress relief and relaxation techniques.

Finally, get enough sleep and rest. A nap never hurt anyone and when you stay up late, your immune system starts to shut down to keep you awake. Keeping the immune system in tip-top shape helps prevent sickness and will also keep you in better shape!

Hope this helps!

aerobics...low intensity exercise for 40mins or longer ( itf its low intensity and at ur pace, be it slow jogging or brisk walking at the beginning, you will make it through the 40mins). I started long distance runninglast year ( which involves just that) and lost ....1.5 stones! And i thought i was healthy before!!! aerobic exercise , light long running sessions did it for me. I never had to make any effort with constrainign from food, but you find once you get into a consistent exercise regime, your body will need and ask for less food, and mroe of the healthy one.

In jazzercise we do the move where u lay on ur side propping you head up with your hand and put ur leggs out or bent then lift the top leg. We usually add weights like 5lbs (just holding it ontop of the leg) and I've noticed my thighs and legs are definitely slimming and toning. I'm also being dragged to a strip aerobics class this week by my friends. They said you use a chair and just do fun flirty stuff, but they said their legs, thighs, and abs were very sore the next day. These just seem like fun ways to lose the extra pounds.

Strength training, lunges, squats, sumo squats and dead lifts...

walking/aerobics,

I agree with the eating healthy, smaller meals, no processed junk, whole foods, know what you are putting in to your body.

No refined sugar!

-Cinndy- 15 air squats, 10 pushups, 5 pull ups = one round; do as many as you can in 20 minutes

-Tabata 4 mins, air squats 20 seconds, rest in the down squat position for 10 seconds, do air squats for last 30 seconds

-Full out sprints instead of endurance running

-weighted lunges

Most important thing is consistency. Try to get a regular routine going. If you want results you should exercise daily. Here is an idea, get yourself a trainer for a while so you can get an idea of how to maintain your workouts and show you around a local gym nearby. For myself I train using Cross Fitness which specializes in not specializing in anything at all.

Cycling is good for legs. If you push yourself hard and do it every day even for just 30-45 minutes you'll quickly notice a difference. I've done it for 3 weeks now and I have hard to drop a short size. The legs of the shorts got so loose that when I got off the bike I looked like I was wearing a skirt. You'll build up muscle in your calves and thighs which is good for increasing the burning off of calories even when resting.

Remember, you can't spot reduce fat. So if you don't see results in 2-3 weeks don't think it isn't working, you might simply be losing the fat in an area you didn't think of. It is a case of perseverance.

Archived