Made it to 60 Days No Contact!

Honestly, I don't think I would have been able to do this without the help of this forum! Its been so hard, but in the end my ex was cruel to me during our break-up. I think I deserve better.

I have also learned a lot about myself. I'm much stronger than I give myself credit for. I have also learned that my ex is a coward. After treating me poorly (I even apologized for the one thing I though I did wrong) my ex not only broke up with me, but had the audacity to suggest that we should be "good friends". Apparently he is also a liar. I haven't heard from him once since the break-up (no texts, no calls, no emails, nothing) and maybe its better that way.

After all...

Who wants to apologize for leaving someone when you told them that you never want to marry them, they "stalked and harassed your family", and that they should have an abortion if they were to get pregnant? That would take a lot of courage to do. I guess he has none. It would also be hard to apologize for dumping someone after they had an ultrasound on their chest done earlier that day because they have some type of tumor. Yes, I imagine that would take a lot of guts to do.

He clearly has none. I guess I'm better off.

That is fantastic! Well done you.

Now it's time to stop counting.

I actually didn't know the number, but counted it out. Thats something like two months! It was SO hard. At the beginning I had to give my phone to friends even after I erased his number, etc.

BOO-YAH!!!

It's indescribable - how good it feels to know you have that kind of self-control, isn't it?

Oh yeah! Its the best feeling for me, especially because my ex probably expected me to chase him, AND to do all the work in maintaining a friendship with him. Forget it. He can call me and when he does I will happily ignore it.

It also helped to have people on this forum tell me that he was a complete jerk, and that I shouldn't waste anymore time on this guy. [-(

Great work! You're stronger than what you think you are...Now give yourself a pat on the back.

Thank you! I have to say that I have trouble from time to time with anxiety and slight OCD...learning this kind of self control was good for two reasons. One, it shows that to some degree I can control my actions in a good way. Two, it disproves what my ex was always saying...that I have no control, and I can't go without talking to him.

I'm having a good moment.

Archived