I'm all set to move to Orlando!

hers
Logistics of the move from Texas to...
Logistics of the move from Texas to Florida...

I posted this a while back:

I finally got the balls to call my aunt and talk to her about it. She is just so great. My move is set for October and I'll be staying with her and my uncle! The only concern she has is the dogs and if they'll get along, but she said if they don't, we'll work it out then. I'm so excited!

I can't wait to get out of Atlanta. I've burned too many bridges here and am looking for a new and fresh start. I was hoping for a new start when I moved to Atlanta 3 years ago, but I was still crazy and doing completely irrational things (b/c your problems will follow you). Now that I've been working hard on myself and have been doing things to make myself more emotionally and spiritually healthy, I'm ready for a fresh start where burning bridges doesn't happen!

I will get to be closer to my nephew (who will be born arond Thanksgiving) and to my sister. I'm going to be living with my favorite aunt and uncle, go fishing, spend time with them, go to the beach, etc. I just can't wait.

Now to save up as much money as I can! My goal is to have at least $1200. Right now I have $680 (I had to take some out of savings recently ) but I will hopefully make it by October with that much! Fingers crossed!!

I have to write my clients and tell all of them and work out getting out of my lease with my landlord. None of this shoudl be a big deal though. Excited!

thank you! orlando is not my ideal place to go, but it'd be good for me b/c it's near my sister adn my aunt and uncle will let me stay for free. i want to get my teaching certificate so i can eventually teach high school history, and if that takes me to tampa or st pete or clearwater or another part of orlando, id' be ok with that too.

Congrats on the move! It's always nice to have family close by.

my dad is here in atlanta, but as you know, i'm not very close with him. things are still sort of tense i suppose. my uncle and his partner are here and i'm very close wiht them and stay at their house often to take care of their dogs too. but nothing will beat having a new nephew to be close to!

my mom is talking about moving back down to orlando too. sort of worried about that but i'll worry later i guess!

i'm going to sell as much stuff as i can. a cousin of mine who lives here is moving out of her dorm and into an apartment and needs stuff, so i'm selling a lot of it to her. i'm going to have a moving/yard sale as well. all of my stuff is craigslist hand me downs, so it'd be nice to purge all of it and get newer stuff eventually. my sister has a bed and a dresser she's going to give me though. they're getting rid of that all b/c they have to change the guest room into the baby's room.

omg, I am sooooo happy for you!!!! This is the best news ever!!!! Ohhhh, yay!!! I told you it would all work out! Awesome you can stay with your aunt. Oh I'm just so happy! I just told Will and he's happy too

I haven't been to disney world since I was 17! I can't wait to go. It's so much fun. I'm sure I won't go all the time (I just went to 6 flags for the first tiem in my 3 years here!) but I'm definitely going to try to go when I can!

Will you be starting a pet sitting business there while you are in school? It would be nice to have a job you could work around your school schedule.I don't know about Florida, but in California, teachers have 2-3 years post grad work before they can get a credential, so you might be in school awhile. I taught Social Studies in middle and high school, but now in Cali, they want us to get a Masters if we teach over 5th grade. As long as I was going back to school, I enrolled to get a Special Ed credential and a Masters.

I won't be doing my pet sitting business down there. It just takes too long to get enough clients to be ok financially. I've been looking at the requirements to teach high school and it's relatively easy. All you have to do is get certified in the subjects you want to teach by taking a test (similar to say the LSAT or something, from what I understand?). It's good for 3 years, and you can get a permanent one if you take certain steps to get a master of general knowledge (not a master's degree but just a status i guess?)

I've driven down there a million times. I've been spending summers there since I was a kid so I'm familiar with everything. I just go 75 south to the turnpike to I4. Easy drive. Lots of tolls though.

There's a place called Cafe Risque that I've always wanted to check out haha. It's a diner/strip cluv and your waitress is topless. Trashy!!

Archived