I can accept everything except...

.. him being with someone else. I have come to terms with the fact that we can't be together and that it is highly unlikely that we can ever be friends again but I can't get past this. When I start to feel optimistic about the future this thought seems to pop into my head and I think 'How am I ever going to be OK when he could find someone else any time soon?'.

It makes me feel physcially sick and I don't know how I will get past it. I'm sure others here have been through this... how do I deal with this? Or is it just a case of it's going to be awful and there's nothing you can do about it?

I should also point out that we only broke up two weeks ago, maybe it's too soon to expect to be able to handle this.

Thanks

It's way to soon to expect to feel okay about this.....It's funny all the range of emotions that you go through after a break up. Like me for instance, one day I'm okay with it I'm doing my thing moving on and the next day I wake up so sad and depressed crying angry and I can't get out of bed. Emotions are a hard thing. Give it time. Eventually you have to let go and move on. Know that there is something better out there. I know it's hard to think that way now but there is.

I know exactly how you feel. My ex and I were together for 3.5 years. He broke up with me and started dating someone 3 days later! Things moved really fast between them and they are doing all the lovey dovey stuff now. Just like you I've accepted that me and him are not together and probably can never be in the future...mainly because of the new gf. I feel like what he did was wrong and disrespectful to me and our relationship, so I want nothing to do with him. But thinking of them together makes me sick to my stomach and I don't know why. Since I've been going through this for a couple of months i think you just have to wait it out. For me it was a little easier since they went long distance for the summer, but this week was hard cuz he was there visiting her and I saw all the pictures. It's tough and I'm sorry to say, but there really isn't anything you can do about it. Hope things get better for you...

I feel the same way. I was with her for over 3 years! I tried to "talk" about some problems we were having and it ended up her getting mad and leaving me. Well, what i wanted to talk to her about was her constant texting of her manager at work, some guy who is like ten years older than she is. When I ask about him she denies and says they are only "friends". Right, good one. Even while we were still dating, the dude got her tickets to see a show in town. How disrespectful.

Archived