bad date shares

calidreamin0

Lets share our most recent bad dates

I was on a set-up by a friend of mine. First of all, I don't go for set-ups, because they almost never work. Well, I arrive at his apartment because I didn't want him picking me up at my house since I don't even know him. And he is ASLEEP when I get there. I knock and knock and call his phone and finally about a few min.s later... he opens the door. Completely tired eyed and groggy. If this wasn't a friend of a friend I would have left right then. But, since I am unfortunately tied to this person, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

So we proceed to eat dinner, which is inherently awkward. He tells me he has been fired from every job he has ever had.*red flag*. He currently makes a few bucks over minimum wage and thats after a big raise and has never really gone to school for more than a semester *RED FLAG*. He is also 25 and just got out of a long term relationship from which the girl cheated on him. He has no friends because all of his friends were drug addicts. Also, that he doesn't know how much his apartment utilities are because he has not paid them. He's been living there almost four months!

This I learned all from dinner. But the best part was him explaining to me why his dad had been in rehab. Ahem, I asked what his dad was addicted to, and he said Vicodin. And then he says, well there is a story. He had been the supplier for his dad's vicodin!!! And went and bought him Vicodin to get addicted to. I asked, well why didn't you say no. And he said because its his dad. * * * ??? So if I am ever in a relationship with you, and addicted to a drug, your just gonna let me die? *RED FLAG PARADE*

Needless to say, I had made my decision about that guy at that point. Ridiculous. The date also concluded with one of his friends joining us at a bar for drinks. *yet, another, red flag* No kisses at all for this one that night. I told him later that he was just not my type.

Hope you all enjoyed, lets hear yours

HAHAHAH I have NO idea. I am a college graduate, with lots of ambitions and probably going back to school. He has no desire for education or career advancement.

I actually haven't even talked to my friend since then! Im assuming she didn't know about ALL these skeletons.

I actually posted my stories a long time ago but it's always fun to re-hash them. LOL

I once went on a date with a guy I met online. We decided we were going to shoot pool. He wanted me to pick him up, no problem. I finally found his house and he gets in the car and he throws his sneakers in my back seat. He decided to wear flipflips to shoot pool. The whole time we were there, he was shooting pool super aggresively like he was in a competition or something. I'm thinking..'dude take it easy'

So I drop him off at home, he forgot his shoes in my car. I call him the next day to tell him and he started insisting that since I picked him up the previous night, I need to take his shoes back to him.

Yeah buddy, I'll get right on that. Guess where his shoes went?

Then there was the date with the personal trainer guy I met online. Nice enough guy I thought but there was something about him that I couldn't put my finger on. So our second date we actually went on a double date with a friend of mine and the guy that she had been dating casually. We were at this fun little dive and it was karaoke night. So we are ordering appetizers and our dinner and he only orders pineapple juice and then criticized the rest of us about what we were eating and drinking.

So after we eat, we decide we are going to sing. He abrubtly said he's leaving because he HAS to have no less than 8 hours sleep. So he splits. I find out later that night that he didn't even have the courtesy to pay for my dinner or his pineapple juice.

To top it off, he had the unmitigated gall to ask me out for 3rd date!

HAHAHA I could see a girl bringing two pairs of shoes MAYBE, if she didn't know what was going on that night at all. But a guy, and sneakers? Why didn't he just wear the sneakers?

some people are so dumb!

He actually would have looked better wearing sneakers because he didn't have the nicest feet in the world. They weren't terrible but they weren't model feet either.

What a lame ass

A couple years ago, I went out with a guy that I met offline. He lived in a town a couple hours south of me, but we talked for about 2 months and decided that he would drive up and take me out to dinner/ hang out. He seemed like my type, had graduated from my university, had his own tutoring company for physics and math and stuff. He showed up at my door and was at least 20 pounds heavier than the pics he had sent me.

We went out to eat and he paid (which was nice enough). He then drove me back home after a dinner of awkward conversation where he insisted that I liked him a lot more than I actually did. He then came into my house ( I felt bad because he had driven so far, and didn't want to just turn him out). So he hung out and proceeded to try to explain astrophysics to me, drawing diagrams and such. Then he tried to make out with me. After an hour of dodging his face, I finally managed to get him out the door.

Needless to say...there was no second date.

I met other guy online who was super nice....So much fun to talk to, our convos flowed really well. Quick witted too, I liked that a lot. So we decide to meet up publicly and have coffee. I'm standing on the sidewalk waiting for him to walk up and this guy is approaching me but I knew that can't be him because the description was completely off.

It was him and he was a LIAR.....he wasn't 6' he was more like 5'4, which is fine but don't lie to me about it. Did you not think I wasn't going to notice several inches missing from your frame? He said he had brown hair. HAD is the operative word here. He had a Dr Phil thing going on which he failed to mention. But what really turned me off is he kept going on and on and on about having money and owning this car and that car and his fancy house this and his big bank account that......

Looked like Mr Moneybags bought a big ego too! Grr...

I'll offer a guy's perspective.

I used to have a profile on OKCupid and I got in touch with a girl on there. We talked a bit and arranged to meet. I was living in a White Sox part of Chicago (not far from U.S. Cellular Field) and she was in the southwest suburbs. We arrange to meet at a bar she frequents near her home, which is located within a bowling alley. Nothing wrong so far. Oh yeah, I was maybe 24 at the time and she was 23.

I meet her at a booth, we say hi, and almost as soon as I sit down, the waiter comes up and says hi. This is her regular bar, so she knows the waiter (who looks kinda old with a grey mustache and hair). They talk like old friends for--I kid you not--half an hour. I make a comment that lets her know that was rude and she just says sorry and he's a friend.

I'm trying to get to know her, so I ask if she goes to school. She says she never went to college, explaining that she hated the whole sitting-in-class/paying-attention/taking-notes/doing-homework/getting-up-early sort of thing. Huge problems so far, but I don't say anything about them. So I ask what she does instead and she says she likes to write short stories and wants to be a novelist or some kind of writer. So I ask if she ever had anything published or anything, and she tells me she hasn't finished a story yet. She said something about being halfway through one and couldn't find the time to finish it. I ask if work eats her time, and she tells me she's been unemployed for quite some time.

She cuts off the conversation soon afterwards to sing karaoke and I just leave. She could've lived accross the street from me and I STILL would've considered it a waste of a commute!

I met someone who I thought was very nice at a church-related event. I'm not religious, but I went with my friends anyway (I'm open-minded).

We go to coffee and she eventually turns the conversation into religion and then tries to convert me. I couldn't get her to stray away from the religious talk. Gosh, it was awkward.

My frown and cringe muscles are bigger now. Thanks guys.

AAH! So true. Some of these are near unbelievable! I thought I would laugh, but I actually feel embarrassed for the actions of some of these people.

We go to coffee and she eventually turns the conversation into religion and then tries to convert me. I couldn't get her to stray away from the religious talk. Gosh, it was awkward.

I had the OPPOSITE date before. This guy was telling me how god does not exist and that you have to be stupid to be religious and stuff. I am not religious, but I have many friends who are. It was such an uncomfortable situation! He really went on and on and would not let it go. It just definitely showed me he would NOT be getting along with ANY of my friends.

Not a date, but I met a girl (I think also from OKCupid--a sign that it was good I left that site) at her house. Which was odd, but I think it was her idea, so I went with it. It was also all of her guy friends. Well...fine. Maybe that's her litmus test. We watched the MST3K movie and at some point we go for a walk around the block to talk, her and I, but also with a friend of hers. I guess he wanted to make sure I didn't try anything.

So, a little awkward, but I wasn't put off entirely.

I call her as a follow-up to the "date" and talk at length with her over the phone. We briefly talk politics (I'm more liberal, she told me she considers herself democrat but her friends consider her republican), and she went on and on and on about how Bill Clinton screwed up the country and how he's responsible for this and that. I think she went on about it for over ten minutes.

I didn't even have the phone to my ear most of the time, but suffice to say, I didn't call or e-mail her again.

My worst date was with this girl who I took out to a restaurant, where I ordered a steak. When it came and we started eating, she asked me how it was and I said good. She kept staring at the steak for a while after that, not eating, and I gave her a funny look asking her what was wrong. She then asks me, "didn't you order it medium? It looks like medium well."

I said "yeah," but I couldn't tell that much of a difference and told her I didn't really care at all.

Well, she got sort of upset and and told me that I needed to stand up for myself and that I let things go to easily (keep in mind this was our first date and I barely knew her). I was sort of taken aback and tried to be clear that I honest to God did not care. She told me, "no" and that we were going to send it back.

I started getting a bit frustrated and was like, "no I'm not going to send it back, I don't care." Well, when the waiter came back, she started yelling at him and grabbed my plate and trust at they poor guy. She started telling him how it was ridiculous that they would mess up the order like that and by this time everyone in the restaurant was staring... She kept going on about how I wasn't going to tip him and blah, blah, blah.

At this point I pulled waiter aside and asked if I could just have the check, and that we were leaving. I apologized and told him I would tip him, and extra because he had to put up with this crap.

Well, we left (thank God we drove separately) and the next day she called me leaving a message apologizing for the night before, saying something like she had a really bad day that day and wanted me to give her another chance. I think you can probably guess what I did (or more appropriately didn't do) after that.

Oh so you took her out again, huh? You'd be crazy not to. She sounds like a catch!!

Yeah, we're married now. image removed

OMG! Is this topic for bad dates? Wrong thread! I meant to post this in "date ideas?

Yeah, I read about your date and figured that's the mistake you made. Wrong thread buddy

Yeah, I have to mess up every once and a while, otherwise people might start to think I was perfect. image removed

I went out with a French guy for the first time, good looking, intelligent etc. During the conversation, he asks me who would I really like to be, my dreamjob. I think it's sweet and open up, I tell him one day I would like to be a writer, I have stories inside of me. Suddenly like a dark cloud came all over us. He gets all serious and tells me that both of his parents are writers, famous in their country and they were awful parents, never there for him, he left his home when he was 14 . He continues on telling how damaging writers are, they don't live for real people and real moments, they live for their stories and he HATES them. I could actually see the disgust from his face. I think I said couple of huhuh's and watched him literally forcing the food in fastest way possible and taking off..

I guess I could understand everything, but that was my first date after the break up and that did not motivate me to go on

my bad date......I was talking with a guy through a dating site for about two weeks when we decided to meet. He was cute (in his pictures he looked it anyway), witty, funny and seemed like someone I'd click with in person.

So we decide to meet at a coffee shop and 'go from there'. He shows up wearing NEON GREEN & HOT PINK SNEAKERS AND A BLUE SHIRT WITH A CARTOON TIGER ON IT......................are you f*ing kidding me? What would possess you to want to dress like that, ever, and on a first date? Out of politeness I sat and had coffee with him for about an hour. It was painful. He was telling me how he broke up with his girlfriend because when they lived together he quit his job and she refused to pay for everything for him **LOSER**.......what girl WOULD put up with that?

Then he asked if I wanted to sit in his car with him and eat some salt water taffy he had picked up for 'the date'. How tacky can you get? I mean really are we in preschool?

He portrayed himself to be the exact opposite of who he was. I was actually really looking forward to meeting this guy, his pictures looked good, he was fun to talk to and I thought we'd hit it off. Now I know why he's single.................................

Archived