Have I been too myself?

cassiana

This guy I like has been texting me. We work together and we hang out alot, sometimes outside work but not romantically though it may be going that way.

He texted me last friday from a bar. i texted him something funny back and his reply was

"you are as ironical as I am, dangerously so"

What danger is he referring to?

he might be refuring to the fact that you too are similar in the way that you guys act... and he might see you as a danger... as in he might like you and that he is afraid to like you because you are similar....

i wouldnt worry about that txt, he might mean something completely different from what i think but just an idea, you could ask him what he meant by that...

Or you can just keep talking to him and once you get to know him a little more you will know what he means when he doesnt come right out and say what he wants to say... i wouldnt worry about it, i think he is just flirting with you and that is a way of telling you he likes you...

I think 'dangerously so' means, "Oooh, this may go somewhere!"

IMHO you can never be 'too yourself' - all it does is filter out the guys who are attracted to someone who isn't the Real You. Better find out earlier rather than later...

I worry that I miss hints or mishandle them. in this instance I texted back to say I cannot help myself. That was friday. Tonight Sunday he asked me how my weekend was and I answered jokily and though I think his text was a good sign im now wondering was I too jokey. I have got romance wrong every single time so far in my life. I have no talent for it and that's what makes me jumpy.

I worry that I miss hints or mishandle them. in this instance I texted back to say I cannot help myself. That was friday. Tonight Sunday he asked me how my weekend was and I answered jokily and though I think his text was a good sign im now wondering was I too jokey. I have got romance wrong every single time so far in my life. I have no talent for it and that's what makes me jumpy.

Nah, you didn't get romance wrong, just the wrong guys. The right guy for you will appreciate exactly who you are, and that's what chemistry is. Everybody isn't meant to fall in love with everybody else, or there would be nothing special. Please stop the self-criticism. It's inhibiting, and nobody loves a robot.

Consider dating to be your screening process rather than something you must do correctly. If someone doesn't 'like' the real you, then wouldn't you want them to pass early?

In your corner.

Archived