Drunk phone calls?

Russ

I'm just curious about this. Not really the right section, since this isn't a recent break up or anything.

Why does an ex tend to love to call you when he or she [not sure if men do this, but I've got firsthand that women do] is drunk out of their minds?

I have a girl I broke up with a while ago, and she tends to drink and then call me. And when I was texting with her today, she told me she loves calling me when drunk. When I asked why, she changed the topic, which got me curious.

So.. why is it?

My ex did this up until about a year after we broke up. He would get blind and drunk call and send emails telling me how much he missed me, loved me and wanted me back. The calls usually occurred in the middle of the night. I guess after a night of drinking he got lonely and had no one to cuddle up to. I thought it was pathetic and it did not make me want him back one bit.

Oh, I forgot to add that I think the reason a lot of people do this is because they like to have an excuse for contacting you. If you do that kind of thing while sober, it's going to be a bit awkward. If you do it drunk, then at least you can blame it on the booze.

I take it she's younger. When I was in my late teens (19-20) and had just started partying/drinking I did this too.

A few reasons:

-she's drunk and missing you.

-feels free'er to express herself (saying stuff like "i like you. love you. miss you are typical) since she can just "blame it on the alcohol" if she says something stupid.

-looking to see how you'll react and what you're upto when she calls.

-doesn't have enough judgement while under influence to refrain from calling. when you're drunk you are much more looser with your actions and do things without thinking as much.

Her saying sober "I love to call you when I'm drunk" is just a sign she's really immature.

I agree. To me it seems like she's not even ready for a relationship right now and more into drinking/partying/having fun. Haha, mostly b/c that's how I was in this fase.

Good. I figured about as much.

And yeah, she's definitely in party mode. No worries, this isn't an ex I want back in particular. If nothing else, I do believe my astrological nonsense [since somehow, they tend to be accurate in every sense], and it says that we're just about as incompatible as possible. And then recites just about everything that happened to us in a scarily ordered fashion.

Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS
Why Men Come Back - ALWAYS

Archived