hello & thank u to all who read.

I am in search of advice more from someone who has been in my situation. My gf & i have been together for 6 mths & i know im happy and im pretty sure she is as well (from what she tells me). We were BFF's for 2 yrs before we began dating and she has a 2 yr old girl whom i love & have helped raise since birth. Anyways, my girl is used to being with men (although she has been with women physically) & used to be pretty promiscuous. Sorry to stray but ineed to give info to get info well yesterday we were about to have sex and instead we ended up talking & she stated that i guess shes still somewhat confused about being with a girl and the difference b/w being with a man And being with a woman.

We didnt not have sex because of what she said, i actually stopped myself because i enjoy foreplay and intimacy and she just likes to get right to the point. sorry, rambling again. I guess my question is, should i be worried? I mean shes the one who has beenmore "out" about us and when we are alone and even in public, shes very sweet and can be PDA. I also know that its not really in her nature to be affectionate but she really does give all that she can. The bedroom scene is not as frequent as id like it to be but when it happens, its amazing & she really gets into it. Im just worried & confused i guess. Ive always had feelings for her and i tried not to for so long. But when she finally saw me with someone else, she flipped and told me her true feelings ( finally). Anyways, am i just being insecure? I told her that i support her & i know i treat her like a queen. Has anyone been where i have & if so, what did u do or what do u think i should do? I really do appreciate any advice or comments but please nothing rude or malicious.

This is a delicate situation... and no one but you and your gf know what's really there. I would wonder if you are her "savior." She knows you are reliable and will be there no matter what. That's awesome in a relationship-- provided there is genuine passion. If she's conflicted with whether she prefers men, I would think that's a huge issue that could end up hurting you both down the line. Sexual attraction and fulfillment are important.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

It seems to me like she's not very sure of what she wants in general, she's might be trying to find answers by doing certain things before thinking about them which could end up hurting her as well as others.

That her interest in you as a partner only happened when you were with another person could mean she just wanted something another person had (not that you are an object, but the idea of proving her worth by making you leave an important person for her), so I think you shouldn't try to get too involved before you're both sure a relationship is what you really want.

I would suggest time-off is necessary, but it obviously depends on you.

Good luck.

How to leave an abusive relationshi...
How to leave an abusive relationship and why it's so hard

Archived