Wisdom teeth.

Ok here is the deal.

I am 24 years old. I went to my dentist mid week and she told me my wisdom teeth are coming through. But only on the right side. So I have a few questions...

i) Does anyone have a rough idea on how much it costs to get wisdom teeth removed?..

ii) Do they wait for both sides to protrude before they operate? Or if one is causing pain will they remove them at different times?..

Eating food and drinking has started to become sensitive in that area of my mouth so is that just the beginning or is it just my mind thinking that it's doing to happen because the dentist has told me so?..

Regards,

PR.

i) It depends on how much your insurance will cover.

ii) I'm not sure if they wait for both sides, but I got only my bottom teeth taken out because my top ones hadn't come in yet.

I felt aching/soreness there before I got mine checked. It may be different for everyone, but I'm not sure.

get them all out at once.

first experience: I was put to sleep, didn't know what happened. However, didn't receive stitches! Got dry socket for two months and didn't eat solid foods that whole time.

second experience: Only had Novacaine and NO2. Totally easy. Got stitches, was eating normal food and off of vicodin in less than a week.

All in all, make sure you get stitches no matter what they say. The price will depend on how much your insurance covers. I wasn't put to sleep the second time and I was fine, it was a little awkward hearing the bone breaks,etc. I brought my ipod in and they were fine with that. I get bad panic attacks, and I was totally fine with the surgery.

Ok here is the deal.

I am 24 years old. I went to my dentist mid week and she told me my wisdom teeth are coming through. But only on the right side. So I have a few questions...

i) Does anyone have a rough idea on how much it costs to get wisdom teeth removed?..

ii) Do they wait for both sides to protrude before they operate? Or if one is causing pain will they remove them at different times?..

Eating food and drinking has started to become sensitive in that area of my mouth so is that just the beginning or is it just my mind thinking that it's doing to happen because the dentist has told me so?..

Regards,

PR.

My wisdom tooth was getting so annoying that it was biting on to my cheek

My insurance covered 400 and I paid 100 for each tooth

but that's just me, i live in boston. hope that helps

Archived