Finding Dates: Men and Yoga

RedWingsFan

Wasn't sure what thread to post this in...

I'm currently not dating anyone, and need to get out there. I'm going to join activities that I am interested in - that is priority number one, enjoying myself. Finding dates is secondary.

I've thought about joining a yoga class. I'm a runner and I figure the stretching and relaxing will really help my muscles (and hopefully make me faster!).

However...I am hesitant to join a yoga class.

Aren't they chock full of women? How are men perceived when we join one? I don't want negative perceptions thrown at me when I walk through the door. Or am I just being paranoid?

I've been to a bunch yoga classes and there are usually a few men there. One was through a gym and the other was through someone who did it privately. Sometimes girls drag their boyfriends along, but I have seen some single men there too.

I wouldn't perceive a man who did yoga in a negative way. I love a strong, flexible man who has the ability to relax. Honestly, I think more men should do it. There's no harm in taking a class and seeing what it's like. No one is going to laugh at you.

Archived