Feeling ugly as sin

DunwichChild

We are our own harshest critic generally.

I can't see you. I don't know you. But I know that for a fact. I've spent soooo many hours and days of my life staring in the mirror loathing myself. I've definitely felt 'below average'. And yet I've had others call me beautiful too. I've been torn down and elevated.

As you say, it comes and goes... so it is important to realize that.

If you know what it is you feel is 'ugly'... why not work on improving that, or changing your image? Build your confidence and your self esteem may begin to climb quickly. This makes people very attractive.

We are our own harshest critic generally.

I can't see you. I don't know you. But I know that for a fact. I've spent soooo many hours and days of my life staring in the mirror loathing myself. I've definitely felt 'below average'. And yet I've had others call me beautiful too. I've been torn down and elevated.

As you say, it comes and goes... so it is important to realize that.

If you know what it is you feel is 'ugly'... why not work on improving that, or changing your image? Build your confidence and your self esteem may begin to climb quickly. This makes people very attractive.

I can relate to that, except I don't look myself in the mirror as much, just when I have to or I walk in front of one, and then I just go 'ugh'. I said it varies, but it does as such: ugly disgusting, hehe, oh well. I just have to learn how to live with it, with my general aspect. BTW, I've seen you in the picture thread you're really cute.

I doubt it...

You'll charm someone sooner or later. It ALWAYS happens. Trust me.

Hopefully, I don't think it always happens, though.

If you actually want to know what people think, see if you're being hypercritical, post a pic lol.

And aside from that, the majority of attractiveness, IME, is directly related to the amount of affection you feel for someone. Being cute gives you an edge to start with, but if you can get past the first few dates alright, it's mostly on your charm/fun/etc.

BTW, I've seen you in the picture thread you're really cute..

You see, this proves that no matter how "ugly" you think you look, most people don't see it that way at all. Nixee said she feels under average and loathes herself (looks?), but you say you think she's really cute.

Point being, YOU may think you are ugly, but no doubt there are many people who think there's absolutely nothing wrong with your looks at all.

You are not ugly. I do not make a living off of fluffing people's egos, so what I am saying is genuine. In the pictures you posted in OT, I saw an attractive guy!

Try to give yourself a break. I understand how it feels to kind of be panicked about your appearance, though. It's not worth it to beat yourself up.

If you actually want to know what people think, see if you're being hypercritical, post a pic lol.

I guess I can always do that.

I realize the idiocy of making faces to a laptop camera, and posting them on the internet, jeez, I'm such an insecure person, but, I'm used to doing stupid things and feeling guilty afterward, specially when alone...I blame it on Catholicism.

I actually think you're very attractive. Like someone else said, we are our own worst critics. Sometimes we think we're unworthy, when the truth is someone will always find another as worthy. There's someone for everyone.

Only thing I can recommend is to try not to think about it or focus on it. Keep yourself occupied with other stuff. Don't focus on things that would call your looks into consideration. Do not offer yourself up to be scrutinized. Stuff like that...

Pretty much all you can do.

*slaps you*

*mumbles*... ugly as sin... pfffft.

Hey! my glasses!

I actually think you're very attractive. Like someone else said, we are our own worst critics. Sometimes we think we're unworthy, when the truth is someone will always find another as worthy. There's someone for everyone.

Thank you. I feel unworthy most of the time, at my worst I would think that if a girl likes me is because there's something wrong with her. I recognize that's not a very healthy view to have.

Only thing I can recommend is to try not to think about it or focus on it. Keep yourself occupied with other stuff. Don't focus on things that would call your looks into consideration. Do not offer yourself up to be scrutinized. Stuff like that...

Pretty much all you can do.

I agree with this, it seems that when I get down on myself the most is when I've got nothing to do, that's when the waters seep to the surface.

Try changing up your style it gives you confidence and can make you look a lot better.

Maybe letting my hair grow back like in the first picture, and ditch the glasses, but I like my monochromatic shirts too much.

I think when I feel really ugly it's because everything else is bugging me. Not sure if that is how it goes for you, but when this and that collapse, I am disappointed or really frustrated I shift to bashing my looks.

It's hard but luckily it comes in phases.

Yes, I feel that too, is like trying to forget everything else and revert to one of the first things that made you feel depressed, don't know why.

Your good looking! Stop being so down on yourself, confidence in ones self is mega attractive (as long as you dont over do it)

Thank you.

Hahaha ok I understand how saying "I'd hit that" without ensuring you're not gay is important, but saying "you are attractive" doesn't need clarification, does it? I'll never understand this until I get my penis.

I hope this doesn't offend someone, but I sometimes wonder if religion doesn't have a great deal to answer for......

Hehe, I was being sarcastic, besides I haven't been in a church, in a serious manner, since my first communion, so I don't think it has anything to do with these feelings.

Archived